Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8697 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Skirt)

Reviewed by:choogirl

About choogirlstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 1/13/10
Posted on:4/1/11 10:50 PM
Last Updated:4/1/11 10:53 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
LynnMR333 said... (1/6/12 9:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! (and all the info on your blog).
lakaribane said... (4/4/11 10:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I'm considering high-waisted skirts too, hoping it wil give that "fake two piece" look with blouses (I know, but who needs logic when you have imagination???) instead of making me look like a stump. I read you blog post but my net doesn't let me comment from work. Re: the slit, I shorten at the hip too but always redraw/reposition the slit, especially if I shorten the hem too! Bottom line: great skirt and I need to make one too.
poppykettle said... (4/3/11 11:23 PM) Reply
I've been waiting for someone to review this as I was planning to make this after a skirt I'm currently trying to finish. Thanks for the tip on the stretch fabric - I'm totally impressed with the lining up of your seams and topstitching! Your end result is definitely an incentive for me to hurry up and get started on this pattern.
Scheri said... (4/3/11 0:16 AM) Reply
I love this pattern but not for me (plus). It is fabulous on you! I will show my daughter this picture to show her just how nice that pattern can be. Thank you
SewWil said... (4/2/11 11:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt! Nice job on the topstiching. I had not noticed this pattern but have now added it to my wishlist. Thanks for the review.
Scheryka said... (4/2/11 0:31 AM) Reply
Cute. I need a basic so I'd better get to stitchin' huh? Your top stitching is very neat too.
KathleenS said... (4/1/11 11:58 PM) Reply
Nice skirt. I like the panels at the waist and agree with you that basting is the best way to get them right first time.

Kwik Sew 3756