Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8218

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Julia C said... (6/26/13 9:26 PM) Reply
Thank you BJ1400 & FreyaStark for reviewing this pattern& also finding it long between the shoulder & bust area. I have now removed all of the above bust length I added & may also decrease on the above bust/ sleeve markings to raise the bustpoint & shorten the armscye if it still needs it on muslin #3. . This is an alteration I rarely need. So far, except for the upper body length, the fit is great with present alterations.
cerulean said... (4/7/11 12:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I've had the pattern, but, I haven't sewn it yet!
MamaSewing said... (4/4/11 12:30 PM) Reply
Your top looks beautiful - hope you can get the fitting worked out!
persevering said... (4/3/11 1:04 PM) Reply
Hi - Thanks for posting and explaining the issues, which can help other sewists. Special thanks to comments from FreyaStark, who has shared here and so much, so many times, from her experience ... thanks Joan1954, for sharing your comments too. BJ1400, looks like you are very close to getting a better fit...Hoping you'll also enjoy this lovely blouse too.
FreyaStark said... (4/3/11 2:49 AM) Reply
I'm sorry this pattern didn't work for you. I've made it twice, and found that it needs precise fit in the shoulders, neck and bust. If it's too long between the shoulders and bust, try a horizontal fold along the extension lines above the bust - I didn't notice them at first, but they are there and they are useful. (Folding out length there will also raise the height of the front opening.) I love your fabric!
jannw said... (4/3/11 0:50 AM) Reply
Hope you can work out the fit the shawl collar and you did a great job on the rounded fronts!
carolynw said... (4/2/11 11:51 PM) Reply
It's a pretty blouse - am sorry it didn't work out for you
Scheri said... (4/2/11 11:48 PM) Reply
I think the blouse is a success. The print looks nice.
loti said... (4/2/11 10:48 PM) Reply
I love the print, very cute blouse.
Rhoda K said... (4/2/11 10:15 PM) Reply
I agree with the others - very pretty blouse. Maybe you can work out the proper fit. I love red, too ;-)
MNBarb said... (4/2/11 10:01 PM) Reply
I like the shaped of this blouse. I hope you can figure out the fit issue and make it again.
frame said... (4/2/11 9:56 PM) Reply
It is a pretty blouse and I like the pattern. I'm sorry it didn't work for you.
katlew03 said... (4/2/11 8:59 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks really nice. Too bad the fit is off. It looks like a great pattern.
Vintage Joan said... (4/2/11 8:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this! Your blouse is lovely -- I'm sorry the fit isn't quite right yet. I made a Burda blouse a while back and had what sounds like a similar issue (the armscye seam was too low).

by: Changma