Pattern Reviews> Pamela's Patterns> 104 (The Perfect T Shirt)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2015 Contest

Posted on:6/7/11 5:32 PM
Last Updated:6/19/15 8:48 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
shelleyjr said... (2/6/16 4:13 PM) Reply
I just made this pattern with a sleeve. I am so jealous that you got to take the class with Pamela. The fit for me wasn't easy but after 10 attempts, I finally got it. Yours came out great! Yes, the wedge at the sleeve hem is missing, I did the same thing, straightened it out for the last 1" to the wrist.
Jayne5 said... (12/15/15 7:53 AM) Reply
I cannot visualize the wedge you mention. Are you suggesting to add length to the sleeve? Does wedge mean more length on the outside of sleeve and less on the inside?
Judy Kski replied...(12/16/15 11:17 AM)
The wedge will not lengthen the sleeve. It is a triangle of fabric that extends out horizontally from the bottom of the sleeve (hem area) about 1/2" then angles back toward the sleeve to meet it at the 1" hemline. By including this, the hem will lie flat against the inside of the sleeve when the hem is turned up. This "triangle" of fabric is added to both sides of the sleeve. I've seen this in other patterns and just reused the technique.
Diane333 said... (7/8/15 11:31 PM) Reply
I'll have to try this pattern. Looks nice.
Vancouvergirl said... (6/28/15 8:00 PM) Reply
Wonderful t-shirt! Love the colour choice too!
beanchor said... (6/19/15 11:20 PM) Reply
Lovely tees!
carolynw said... (6/19/15 7:44 PM) Reply
Lovely tees - you are right this really is a Perfect Pattern!!
SheBear0320 said... (6/6/15 10:20 AM) Reply
I love the colour of your new version -- I'm sure your sister will love her new Birthday Tee.
judypin said... (6/5/15 1:01 AM) Reply
It did turn out very nicely! Question - is that wedge you mention at the hemline included in the pattern instructions?
Judy Kski replied...(6/5/15 10:46 AM)
No. The first top I made, I added the wedge so that the hemline would lay flat against the inside of the sleeve. With the 3/4 length sleeves, I found it wasn't necessary since the distance around the hem is much shorter.
KathySews said... (11/5/12 4:19 AM) Reply
I love my PP tee and have made a ton of them. Happy to see you love yours also
marec said... (9/2/12 1:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for linking to this review. It's a great tee on you and of course, I can never have too many t shirt patterns. :-)
marymary86 said... (8/17/12 1:25 PM) Reply
Your shirt fits beautifully. Thanks for a great review - you look really cute in your top!
Cultured Purl said... (6/21/11 11:47 AM) Reply
Congrats on your new TNT! I have this pattern the DVD and the neckline options pattern as well ,tho this pattern offers 3 view anyay! I think this is one of my all time favorite TNT patterns ever!
ChristineBR said... (6/8/11 8:01 AM) Reply
It does appear to fit beautifully, but the rhodies stole your show!
renren said... (6/7/11 8:32 PM) Reply
This is one of those patterns I keep meaning to order, along with Pamela's DVD on sewing tees. Thanks for reminding me and glad to read your high praise.
dbsewer said... (6/7/11 7:20 PM) Reply
These are great patterns and this is one of my go-tos for T-shirts. Love the fabric of yours. So glad you discovered this great pattern company.
Karendee said... (6/7/11 6:49 PM) Reply
You have found a wonderful t shirt pattern and will enjoy making lots of them,

by: AmandaRene...