Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5255 oop (Misses' Twist Tops)

Reviewed by:Debbie Spriggs

About Debbie Spriggsstar
WI USA
Member since: 10/4/02
Posted on:7/30/04 9:28 AM

Sweater knit fabrics

mamakooz said... (7/31/04 12:14 PM) Reply
your top is way cuter than any on the pattern pic!!! I love the skirt, too.
Danvillegirl said... (7/31/04 7:52 AM) Reply
Great review. As I said about your skirt, the top and skirt look great together.
Meredith P said... (7/31/04 6:57 AM) Reply
Thanks, Debbie. I love this top on you, and appreciate the details on the neckline and other modifications you made.
KathleenS said... (7/31/04 0:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very helpful review. I like the raised neckline and the cap sleeve - great modifications.
Gigi Louis said... (7/30/04 4:18 PM) Reply
Debbie, this is such a cute style on you!
Irene said... (7/30/04 1:34 PM) Reply
What a great-fitting top! Thanks for sharing your adjustments. I've taken my muslin up by at least 1" at the shoulders since the cross-grain stretch of the fabric ends up sagging DOWN above the seam.
Levone said... (7/30/04 12:43 PM) Reply
Such a pretty top. Thanks for the helpful review.
Elona said... (7/30/04 12:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for a terrific review, Debbie!
kirianth said... (7/30/04 12:01 PM) Reply
Wow, I really like how you raised the neckline. Your top fits exactly the way I'd like mine to fit, so thank you for sharing the alteration in such wonderful detail!
Teri said... (7/30/04 11:35 AM) Reply
Debbie, thanks for the great review. I just love your top. It looks so good on you. I have yet to try one of these twisty tops.
Dobedowawa said... (7/30/04 11:14 AM) Reply
Thank you for a great review. I am going to keep it handy when I get to sew this top! I think you need to sew more of this ... fit is great, construction too ...
PVA said... (7/30/04 10:09 AM) Reply
Gazooks! What a great top! Every single detail is just beautifully executed, and thank you for such a detailed review. The colors & the print are just perfect for you. I'd say you've hit a home-run!
Doris Stewart said... (7/30/04 9:58 AM) Reply
Great review - thank you. I'll print this off and keep it handy when I get around to sewing this top. I like both of your tops.
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/30/04 9:49 AM) Reply
Thanks Linda! I think I have the links worked out now...
LindaS. said... (7/30/04 9:36 AM) Reply
Wow, Debbie, what a thorough and helpful review. It seems as though you've worked out all the problems with this because it fits beautifully and I especially like how the neckline looks both in terms of construction and fit. I'd love to make this for my daughter and after reading your review I think I could do so successfully. BTW, none of the links in your review worked for me except for the project photo.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109