Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1051 (MISSES' PANTS)

Reviewed by:RoseFromThule

About RoseFromThulestar
FRANCE
Member since: 3/3/10
Posted on:4/3/11 4:54 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Mich23 said... (2/15/12 3:29 PM) Reply
Really pleased to see a review of this from someone who considers themself a "Beginner". Given me the confidence that I could do these, and I'm pleased cos they really are a gorgeous design. I'll take the plunge I think. Next step... find some fabric I like!!
Jennifer shaw said... (5/22/11 2:43 PM) Reply
Your pants look wonderful! Thanks for your suggestions about the sizing.
Nancywin said... (4/4/11 10:21 PM) Reply
This pattern has gotten lots of good reviews and I can see why. THese look great on you! NIce job.
Annette1 said... (4/4/11 11:55 AM) Reply
These look SOOOOOOOOOO good on you! You really nailed the fit, despite the "growing fabric" -- ha! I wish I had those LOOOOOOONG legs of yours.
Heidi Ho said... (4/4/11 11:00 AM) Reply
Great looking pants. I have made this pattern several times and each time was different depending on the fabric. I agree with you that they are cut larger than the photo reveals.
Pam in Virginia said... (4/4/11 9:05 AM) Reply
I know what you mean about stretch. I try not to use anything more than 2% lycra. More than that makes the garment feel rubbery-bouncy. Don't like it. These pants look wonderful. They're in my to-do line for Spring so I'm very glad to see how yours turned out. Great review.
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/3/11 7:37 PM) Reply
looks lovely.... Lycra % really messes consistent results & things up, but certainly adds to the comfort level of close-fit garments. Wish there was some industry standard and better fabric labeling on % stretch... Good to know the wasteband/fly went smooth. I'd like to try this pattern someday. Many thanks

Islander Sewing Systems The Ultimate Kinsale Cloak Pattern