Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5239 (Perfect Fit Pants)

Reviewed by:myeclecticmess

About myeclecticmessstar
IL USA
Member since: 1/29/08
Posted on:4/5/11 9:30 AM
Last Updated:4/5/11 10:36 AM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
myeclecticmess said... (6/13/11 1:33 PM) Reply
I did end up chopping them off and making them into capris last week. Now they are my go to pants for when I want to be comfortable but still look a little nicer than shorts.
SweetCaroline said... (6/11/11 6:23 PM) Reply
I actually first used this pattern in 2008 in conjunction with a Pamela Leggett class. We amde view B with a fly front zipper and I skipped the pockets to reduce bulk and becasue I can't keep my hands out when I have pockets. Not a very flattering stance. I highly reccomend this pattern, I get "have you lost weight" comments every time I wear them, fit does make a difference!
lyndle said... (4/7/11 3:27 AM) Reply
Excellent fit. Well done!
myeclecticmess said... (4/5/11 10:46 AM) Reply
Good idea cj. I could even add cuffs using that technique. I may just end up cutting them off and making capris for the summer.
cjsews said... (4/5/11 10:38 AM) Reply
You could easily add a 1 1/2" or 2" facing to bottom. Just cut a facing out that repeats the shape of the bottom edge.....if it is a straight edge, just a strip of straight fabric, preferable cut on cross grain. Once you apply it and topstitch, no one will know it is a facing, not a turned back hem.

Wonder Wallet Paper Pattern