Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Posted on:8/2/04 6:32 AM
Last Updated:8/2/04 9:14 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
kellyt said... (1/23/05 1:22 PM) Reply
Your top is beautiful, I wish I had that issue! I have been wanting to make a top like that. Thanks for the great review!
KathleenS said... (8/5/04 3:49 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic! Great colour for you too, much better than beige.
Debbie Cook said... (8/5/04 0:32 AM) Reply
Great top and color! I've been eying this pattern too, along with the Simp.
Tesla121 said... (8/4/04 9:11 PM) Reply
beautiful top - beautiful color - very flattering
Peggy L said... (8/4/04 5:02 PM) Reply
Great, stylish top!! I just starting getting this magazine. Hope to try something soon.
Katharine in BXL said... (8/3/04 8:40 AM) Reply
Wow, you look amazing! It shows off you fit physique wonderfully. It's astonishing too that this pattern was easy to sew. Looks so complicated. Is poly lycra hot in long sleeves?
Oziroo said... (8/3/04 3:52 AM) Reply

Oziroo said... (8/3/04 3:50 AM) Reply
Hello Mel,I guess the sleeves would be tight for some folks. The whole design is very neat, with the possible exception of the "armhole" which of course is part of the yoke and body. Would the sleeve be difficult to alter a bit? I really don't know - I'm a novice at alterations. Thanks folks for the nice comments!
Judy Williment said... (8/2/04 11:53 PM) Reply
I'm going to make this one too, so thanks for a very timely review! I personally like your version better than the one in the magazine - looks fantastic on you.
Levone said... (8/2/04 10:19 PM) Reply
Your top turned out great and fits very nicely.
SandraB said... (8/2/04 9:30 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you. Thanks for reviewing it. When I saw the design in the magazine I was wondering how this would turn out. Now I know. Great job.
Mel.J said... (8/2/04 7:30 PM) Reply
I just got my copy of this a couple of days ago & am planning to make it sometime. Yours looks great - really stylish & shows off your fit physique. You're right about the split, it does still look low. Do you think the sleeves are very narrow? I was wondering if they'd be too tight on me.
jlg said... (8/2/04 2:02 PM) Reply
Very nice. I seriously considered making this when I saw it. Yours turned out great.
Englebert said... (8/2/04 1:23 PM) Reply
Very very nice!! Thanks for sharing this review!
LindaS. said... (8/2/04 10:26 AM) Reply
Oziroo, the extra fullness you mention in the yoke does not show up in the picture. I think you've got a great fit already with the tweaking you've done. And I agree that the front slit was too long, at least it would be for me. I guess it all depends on how much you want to show. You made need to shorten it further as I think I see a touch of white (your bra I guess) peeking through. Otherwise. it's a perfectly fitted, flattering top.
PVA said... (8/2/04 10:21 AM) Reply
What a beautiful result! Thanks for the review! I love the color on you, and it appears the fit is just great!
Liana said... (8/2/04 10:20 AM) Reply
Very nice design, and it looks so nice on you!
Gigi Louis said... (8/2/04 10:13 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful! Very lovely on you.
slee said... (8/2/04 10:04 AM) Reply
I love your top! I have this pattern too. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the review.
touran said... (8/2/04 9:50 AM) Reply
Fabulous top! Burda WOF has such gems in it sometimes. You did a great job.
Doris Stewart said... (8/2/04 9:32 AM) Reply
Love your top - beautiful colour

SewBaby Quick and Comfy Dresses Pattern