Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 212 (Wrap Top)

Reviewed by:Mary Ann

About Mary Annstar
Member since: 4/18/02
Posted on:7/6/02 8:37 PM
Last Updated:7/6/02 8:38 PM
said... (7/7/02 2:06 PM) Reply
Deepika, I think that you would be able to vary the depth of the Vee. depending on whether you cut the pattern larger or smaller than your exact measurements. Also the knit fabric allows for some variation--you can kind of place it where you want it. I think one of the reasons it took me so long to get around to sewing this up is that I have been less than happy with my results with wrap tops in the past. I love the cut of this pattern, and the way it ties--2 separate ties, so you avoid the sausage-in-a-casing qualities none of us wants. If you have a couple yards of knit, I say go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
said... (7/7/02 10:48 AM) Reply
In the pattern photo the neckline does not look so deep. How do you feel about it? I would love to wear v neck and wrap tops but I am a little hesitant.
said... (7/7/02 2:54 AM) Reply
Mary Ann, I still get the kick's when somebody admires something I've done, and it always feels so good. Gonratulations :-)
said... (7/6/02 10:25 PM) Reply
Mary Ann - I wholeheartedly agree with your review. This was the first item I made that "went public." When someone asked me where I got it, I puffed up and said I made it! When I make it next, I think I'll lengthen the body a bit.

by: FreyaStark