Pattern Reviews> Burda> 3005 (Wrap Skirt)

Reviewed by:Oopsy-Daisy!

About Oopsy-Daisy!starstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 11/16/02
Posted on:8/3/04 5:45 PM
Last Updated:8/4/04 8:26 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
sewtall1963 said... (10/21/04 9:29 AM) Reply
I like this! Being 6 foot 2 and 40+, I can't find RTW long enough to cover the spider veins. Thanks for the review!
Deepika said... (8/6/04 6:30 PM) Reply
Love your skirt! Looks sooo much better than mine! You've now inspired me to take it out and make the shorter version. Good tip on adding length to it.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (8/4/04 3:07 PM) Reply
This fabric was actually a wally world $1 wonder! I really loved how it felt and sewed. I'm saving the scraps to make a little purse. Then I'll be just too darn cute! :P
Silver_lolita said... (8/4/04 11:35 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks like it came out great, I'll have to try a Burda pattern...but I mostly wanted to say that your fabric is gorgeous!
D1Diva said... (8/4/04 9:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I am planning a casual skirt to wear at a BBQ with a Safari theme next month. I've been wanting to make a wrap skirt and try a Burda pattern, so this one looks perfect.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (8/4/04 8:29 AM) Reply
This would be a great first Burda pattern. It will get you hooked on Burda! I think the reason people may pass over it is because it looks so sporty/casual on the pattern envelope. It definitely has chameleon potential with different fabrics.
Doris Stewart said... (8/4/04 8:02 AM) Reply
Great review. I would have passed on this one but your comments have me thinking . . .
jlg said... (8/3/04 8:05 PM) Reply
Cute skirt and helpful review.
sheree said... (8/3/04 6:27 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt. It looks like it fits really well. I haven't tried burda yet, but this sounds like a good patttern to start with.

Understanding Wool Fabrics