Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Downloadable> 3197 (Lydia)

Reviewed by:S I G R I D

About S I G R I Dstar
Member since: 2/19/09
Posted on:4/21/11 3:53 PM
Last Updated:4/21/11 4:02 PM

marjoriekh said... (4/23/11 11:52 AM) Reply
I, too, have been thinking about a mariniere shirt, and this downloadable pattern may be just the thing, if I can get the my neckline to work as well as yours. If you're looking for blue and white striped knits, Marcy Tilton has three, including what may be the perfect one just listed (Sat am). Check on under New Fabrics and see the Nautical Stripe Knit. Also do a search for "stripe" and check out the results for knits. There are two other possibilities, Skinny Navy and St. Moritz, if you like your stripes skinnier.
S I G R I D said... (4/22/11 9:17 PM) Reply
Sounds like there is going top be a lot of wardrobe-building going on! Can't wait to see the results. One note, if you like your t-shirts to fit snugly, you should go down a size,
Diane E said... (4/22/11 10:27 AM) Reply
About fifteen minutes ago I started reading your review but I got waylaid by reading your blog, which I enjoyed very much. Back to your review now. Love this tee -- very elegant and beautifully fitted. Great way to fill ones closet with wonderful tops.
janlynn said... (4/22/11 9:16 AM) Reply
Great review. Thanks for the information on thee neckline change. I love it.
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/22/11 7:50 AM) Reply
Well I just hit the Burda website.. and did the Lydia download. For anyone curious, they accept Paypal and it was pretty easy. Now to get your wonderful boatneck version going...
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/22/11 7:16 AM) Reply
Top Shelf!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (4/22/11 6:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review - great top!
SilvrGhost said... (4/21/11 11:22 PM) Reply
What a great top! You did a great job
Raye Ann said... (4/21/11 8:49 PM) Reply
Love it! Thank you for including the inches used to make the modification. I will be downloading this one:)
catalak said... (4/21/11 8:47 PM) Reply
Hi Sigrid! Your top looks lovely. I love doing these downloadable patterns too. May have to try this one!
FreyaStark said... (4/21/11 8:27 PM) Reply
A cool, chic garment, a study in understated casual elegance. A great wardrobe builder indeed.
Christas said... (4/21/11 7:45 PM) Reply
What a great fit! This top looks wonderful on you and is such a nice style.
renren said... (4/21/11 7:28 PM) Reply
Lydia is one of the coolest tees I've ever seen! There are some fabulous things that have been done with this pattern, and here is yet another!

by: Natasha Jo...