Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:IndiaT.

Last Updated:4/24/11 6:38 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Sewing Chick said... (4/28/11 10:03 AM) Reply
You have managed to make this top look great. Thanks for the review. Yours looks better than the picture on the pattern.
renren said... (4/25/11 1:18 AM) Reply
Oef, I love this pattern and I bought this pattern and now I'm really wondering . . . but I think it looks great on you! I'm going to have to do some pre-planning and lots of soul searching before I start, apparently. Great review. Thanks.
SewWil said... (4/25/11 0:16 AM) Reply
Your top looks very nice on you. Thanks for the review. I've been wondering about this pattern.
IndiaT. said... (4/24/11 9:06 PM) Reply
I am not entirely sure why I look like I'm looking for a fight in this pic, lol... I'd love to see another version of this.. a more experienced sewer will no doubt get better results.
crazygrad said... (4/24/11 8:45 PM) Reply
I was planning to make this tomorrow. I may not now. You look so great and have such great 'tude in our pic, there is no chance! I need a cushion of time!
lamstu said... (4/24/11 8:02 PM) Reply
I like the way you've styled the top and you put some thought into the fitting issues. It's definitely one that works for certain body types (not mine - thanks for saving me from discovering that the hard way :)
Leslie Bonner said... (4/23/11 7:07 PM) Reply
I think your version fits much better than her RTW one! It's really cute on you and I'd be tempted to make it again.
IndiaT. said... (4/23/11 3:05 PM) Reply
thanks everyone! glad I used a drapey recommended fabric, I don't think it would have worked w/ the lawn I wanted to use. I want to tweak it some more, but unpicking the french seams is daunting. As a newer sewer, I really appreciate pattern review and your feedback so very much. This top works, but taught me I need to pick patterns based on how they will look on my figure, not the model!
Karine said... (4/23/11 12:57 PM) Reply
This is a really different pattern, for sure. I think it looks great on you and I love your fabric.
imsewcrazy said... (4/23/11 10:55 AM) Reply
I love your version of this top and agree that it looks great on you.
CarolynGM said... (4/23/11 10:16 AM) Reply
Despite the pattern's oddness, it looks quite good on you, no doubt thanks to the changes you made. Thanks for the very useful information about the pattern.
Patti B said... (4/23/11 9:32 AM) Reply
'Waifs needing maternity wear' -- hahaha! Great line. The seaming is interesting but your very helpful review tells me that this is not for me -- thanks!
Knitters Delight said... (4/22/11 11:29 PM) Reply
Cute for sure! I think you look great in this top.
narcissaqtpie said... (4/22/11 11:13 PM) Reply
thanks for the review. I was very interested in this pattern
Elona said... (4/22/11 11:04 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! It's the first review I've seen of the blouse portion of the pattern, which intrigues me but also, in the full-frontal view, looks as though it could be just a giant sack. And your notes about the finished measurements confirm that this is one seriously oversized garment! However, in a drapey fabric like the one you've chosen, I see that it can be nice-looking on the right person.
Understanding Interfacings