Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8689 (Misses' Shirt)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:4/23/11 8:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
JETrinity said... (4/26/11 3:58 PM) Reply
Great recovery on the cuff buttons. Oh, that must have been painful. I love the color and the pattern on you.
Margaret said... (4/24/11 12:53 PM) Reply
Great shirt! From the pattern pic I would have expected this to be a bit loose and boxy -- looks much better on you.
CarolynGM said... (4/24/11 10:44 AM) Reply
I just finished this pattern three days ago using the same size, and also with an A cup. Mine turned out great, just as yours did.
JenniferMM said... (4/24/11 9:28 AM) Reply
Yours looks so much nicer than the envelope! Wonderful job! I may have to consider this now that that I see it well-fitted and in such a nice fabric.
B in MI said... (4/24/11 8:26 AM) Reply
Yours looks better than the pattern envelope. Great job.
Rhoda K said... (4/24/11 8:25 AM) Reply
A great looking shirt - beautiful work.
cleverkitty said... (4/24/11 7:54 AM) Reply
Nice silhouette on this shirt looks so nice on you. I know what you mean about buttoning the cuff wrong, I did that too recently and thought ahh perfectly good cuff now messed up, then had to do damage control by closing up the buttonhole and switching the button. I was tempted to leave it but thought that would be a glaring mistake.
janet said... (4/24/11 7:23 AM) Reply
EXCELLENT outcome! I agree with all the compliments the other reviewers are giving you on your shirt.
Annette1 said... (4/24/11 5:37 AM) Reply
This is one great-looking shirt, and you wear it so well! I LOVE the color, for one thing, and your workmanship and the fit are perfect!
Mushywear said... (4/24/11 4:49 AM) Reply
Excellent blouse. Great fit. Love the color!
FreyaStark said... (4/24/11 2:08 AM) Reply
A great colour and a very smart shirt. Well done.
Nancywin said... (4/24/11 0:11 AM) Reply
Nicely done! It looks great on you.
carolynw said... (4/23/11 10:57 PM) Reply
Reallylike this shirt - am about to make this so yoru review was really very helpful - not a Mae West figure type so guess it will do fine for me LOL
TanyaMT said... (4/23/11 10:34 PM) Reply
What a relief to hear yours isn't a wadder since I purchased this pattern and was about to start when I read the other review. Soooo good to hear someone had success with it. Yours looks really fabulously made, and good on you.
Ericaeli said... (4/23/11 10:17 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great. I almost bought this pattern, and at the last minute put it back. Now I really wish I had bought it!
renren said... (4/23/11 10:03 PM) Reply
I love it and I love the fabric. The back seaming on the pattern is very unusual with that split yoke. St. Paul? I was in St. Paul last summer with dd2--we went to see Macalester to which she had been accepted. (The thought of so much snow scared her away!) I bought a piece of fabric at IKEA, too. Anyway, your fabric is superior!
MNBarb said... (4/23/11 9:21 PM) Reply
I forgot to add. A BIG thanks to a certain PR member who mailed me a tracing of the collar band after I burned mine in the wood stove while cleaning up my sewing mess!
Wino said... (4/23/11 9:04 PM) Reply
Great shirt Barb ! The fit and color are very flattering on you.

Sew Baby 0000