Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8495 (MISSES/MISSES' PETITE TOP)

Reviewed by:VivianZ

About VivianZstar
LA USA
Member since: 12/8/04
Posted on:4/24/11 6:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
VivianZ said... (4/25/11 9:01 AM) Reply
Nancywin, I am a petite, I wear an 8 womens, and a 10 in petite. The neckline was a little wide at a size 10 for me. I usually make an 8 for the neck and back, but this pattern looked like it would be OK to just make the 10 and be a l little more flowy, I didn't consider the shape neck opening though. I thought it looked smaller. I should have tapered out to a 12 at the hips to give it more flow.
VivianZ said... (4/25/11 9:01 AM) Reply
JanineMck said... (4/25/11 1:02 AM) Reply
I like your version better than the pattern .
renren said... (4/24/11 11:47 PM) Reply
Very pretty top--love the trim.
Nancywin said... (4/24/11 9:24 PM) Reply
Pretty fabric. Thanks for the review. This pattern is on my short list to make up for summer. So, did you find that the neckline ran large or small? I usually start with a 10 and then do a FBA and taper out to a 14 at the hips. Any thoughts?

Beginner Sewing Lab 101 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford