Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> 8th Avenue Skirt

About Modiste Madnessstar
Posted on:8/8/04 6:02 PM
Last Updated:9/6/04 2:45 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Debbie Cook said... (9/7/04 0:52 AM) Reply
Your skirt fits great! And so much better looking "in person" than on the envelope. Thanks for the pic!
Pam Z said... (9/6/04 6:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the information, Kathy. Your club sounds like a lot of fun & a great motivator to keep sewing.
Modiste Madness said... (9/6/04 3:45 PM) Reply
The Club is for people who like to sew apparel, specifically the independent pattern designers, such as Lois Ericson, Sewing Workshop, etc. It meets once a month in the classroom on a local (Milwaukee, WI) independent fabric store that carries both quilt and garment fabric. We choose at least 1 pattern per month based upon the groups interests. Members volunter to construct the patterns and bring them in the month assigned. They report back on their experiences similar to Pattern Review. We also have "Show and Tell" where people bring in their latest creations. It is a lot of fun and has rejuvenated my interest in sewing. It eliminates some of the frustration of sewing the independents and certainly stimulates my creativity. It was started by two sisters and has grown a great deal in 3 years. We have found there are a lot of apparel sewists looking for a "home." There are several members that contribute to the this site. Perhaps they will add their thoughts to the topic if they look at the review. Our web site is:
Pam Z said... (9/6/04 2:56 PM) Reply
Kathy, I'm curious about your independent pattern club. Would you please explain how your pattern club works? Thanks!
jlg said... (9/6/04 2:55 PM) Reply
I agree; the skirt is very cute. Thanks for the picture and review.
Gigi Louis said... (9/6/04 2:47 PM) Reply
What a cute skirt! It looks so much prettier made up than on the pattern envelope.
Liana said... (8/9/04 2:10 AM) Reply
I have this and haven't made it yet either. Sounds like I should just jump right in. I'm eager to see your picture too!
Modiste Madness said... (8/8/04 10:39 PM) Reply
jlg, go ahead and make it. It really isn't difficult to put together and the directions are so clear. It would look great on you.
mamafitz said... (8/8/04 6:45 PM) Reply
ooh, i can't wait to see the skirt, kathy! you'll bring it to the next meeting, right? i plan to make it too, after baby is born and i get back to my normal shape.
jlg said... (8/8/04 6:39 PM) Reply
Can't wait to see your picture. I've pulled this pattern out of the closet to make a hundred times, but I've always chickened out and put it back.