Pattern Reviews> Green Pepper> 506 (outerwear)

Review submitted in Lined Jacket Contest
Reviewed by:Rybe

About Rybe
OR USA
Member since: 2/18/09
Posted on:4/27/11 5:00 PM

piet said... (1/8/14 0:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the warnings. It almost makes me want to try it to see if it;s all that tough, but that;s really not the way you meant the warnings, I think.
Margaret said... (5/14/11 6:00 AM) Reply
Congratulations on tackling all those layers of laminated fabric and the quilted lining -- wow! Great jacket!
AnneM said... (5/13/11 8:48 PM) Reply
Oh my, I can't believe you had to un-quilt & re-quilt some of the lining. Good for you; I think it would have ended up a UFO in my sewing room. Needles really can make a difference when sewing. Great jacket, it came out great.
DesignsByDenise said... (5/2/11 10:09 AM) Reply
Your fiance is one lucky fella - the jacket turned out well, and you did great work. I think it's the projects you put the most work into that usually turn out to be your "pride and joy". Nice job!
manola6176 said... (5/1/11 4:59 AM) Reply
Self quilted lining. OMG what a crazy job. As it has already be said, labour of love
Aroura said... (4/30/11 11:54 PM) Reply
Really great jacket! I'd love to make this for my dad, so thanks so much for the review!
FreyaStark said... (4/28/11 3:12 AM) Reply
I like the fabric.
Hilary said... (4/27/11 7:33 PM) Reply
You did a great job on this!! I love the quilted lining, I can imagine that was a lot of work. Thanks for all the tips; you should be proud of your accomplishment!
katesfolly said... (4/27/11 5:12 PM) Reply
wow, clearly a labor of love! It's great to see outerwear reviews, thanks for your review.
MNBarb said... (4/26/11 9:59 PM) Reply
I like the plaid waterproof fabric. I always wonder about the Green Pepper patterns. Thanks for the reveiw. You did get a nice garment as a result of your frustrations.
Kemish said... (4/26/11 6:55 PM) Reply
I think it looks great! You really tackled some tough fabric and from the tone of your review/and the picture - You were triumphant!
annakeeton said... (4/26/11 6:00 PM) Reply
Great job! Waterproof-breathable fabrics are one of the most difficult to sew.

Petite Plus Patterns Walking Jacket