Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> Style Stitches (Fringed Hobo Bag)

Reviewed by:AlisonK318

photophoto

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

RobinE said... (8/31/11 2:52 AM) Reply
Your bag is beautiful! If only I had read your review before I bought my trim-- because, sure enough, I didn't have enough and had to go back and buy more (thank goodness they still had just enough!). Great review!
tlgreb said... (8/20/11 12:05 PM) Reply
Nice job on the bag...I AM an advanced sewer (I teach sewing, also) and I threw in the towel on this one, just last evening - we were working it up for a possible class at the shop (the students have each purchased their own book and we are working through them)...this is too much of a nightmare for anything but an ultra advanced seamstress. The layers; the lining; having to turn an entire side under and hope, with all the heavy layers, that it stays in place long enough to topstitch...all logistical nightmares! LOVE the look but not worth the headaches - and I gave it everything I had before "crying Uncle"!
Sue Parrott said... (7/31/11 10:56 PM) Reply
i too have this book and I hav e to admit I didn't like this bag until I saw your version! i have found with many of Amy Butler's designs the lining tends to be difficult to attach fand all the layers....ugh! ice work, yours is cute!
Sue Parrott said... (7/31/11 10:56 PM) Reply
Gelbean said... (4/27/11 11:11 AM) Reply
Super cute bag!!
Elemenopeo said... (4/26/11 11:10 PM) Reply
It's very nice - I like the fringe.

Kwik Sew 1425