Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Lotus Skirt (Lotus Skirt)

Reviewed by:petra

About petrastarstar
Member since: 6/20/03
Posted on:8/10/04 8:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

JDpenelope said... (10/25/09 3:27 PM) Reply
It's so beautiful! You were too hard on yourself in this review. I might throw caution to the wind and make this, even though I am only 5'2".
LiZ said... (9/2/04 5:51 AM) Reply
Your skirt ooks really lovely and I love the embroidered edge, it really makes the skirt.look classy. Yesterday I went th the Stitches and Craft Show in melbourne [Australia} and the Lotus skirt was in the Fashion Parade made up in Lace fabric with scalloped lace edge down the front. It looked fantastic.
Modiste Madness said... (8/13/04 0:01 AM) Reply
This is a lovely skirt. I have wondered what it looked like made up. You never know with the SW patterns. Once again the product is much better than the pattern illustration.
Jennie Pakula said... (8/12/04 9:59 PM) Reply
I'm surprised you think it added to your hips - I think it looks great. I agree about the border too - that's a lovely touch. I'm not surprised you get lots of compliments in that skirt.
mudcat said... (8/12/04 12:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. The border is a nice touch.
petra said... (8/12/04 6:46 AM) Reply
Actually this particular border is one that I stitched out on the Pfaff 7570 using a design that I bought from Glenda Black (love her designs). For those of you who don't have a Pfaff, the P memories enable you to extend the built in memory stitches. I think I would have gone insane with rehooping - definitely a case for an endless hoop!
Danvillegirl said... (8/11/04 4:44 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt. I like the border. Did you use a continous or endless type hoop for the border embroidery? I am contemplating buying one of those hoops for my machine as I thought I might like to try something on a skirt or dress similar to what you did.
SewTabby said... (8/11/04 10:49 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt, and I like the embroiery as well.
Gigi Louis said... (8/11/04 10:43 AM) Reply
What a beautiful skirt! You must be very patient to have done so much embroidery.
Vibek said... (8/11/04 9:58 AM) Reply
Are you sure it adds to the hips? I'm surprised as it has a strong vertical line wich is supposed to be slimming.
drsue said... (8/11/04 9:55 AM) Reply
I'm 5'0" and I made this skirt but altered it to shorten. I had some trouble with it mainly because if my curvey behind. However, it was very pretty and not too overpowering on my small frame. Short people can wear if if altered for size. I really like your hem embellishment. I totally agree about the need for drapey fabric.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (8/11/04 8:44 AM) Reply
Love your embroidery on it - really sets off the draping and the look!
Hilary said... (8/11/04 8:41 AM) Reply
beautiful skirt; wish I could carry it off, it looks great on you.
Skymom said... (8/11/04 7:38 AM) Reply
I like the way you use embroidery on your clothes. I know it's time-consuming to do things like that border, but it really adds to the looks. Very attractive skirt.
jlg said... (8/11/04 5:20 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Your embroidery really accents the drape.
galadriel45 said... (8/10/04 10:32 PM) Reply
This looks great on you, love the machine embroidery. Very nice skirt, very nice review. Thanks!
Teri said... (8/10/04 10:30 PM) Reply
I love your boarder. I have made this out of silk noil and it worked out great. I am 5'5 and size 10 in RTW and the skirt is flattering. One thing for everyone to remember if you make this up is that the wrong side of the fabric shows in the front drape.
Battgirl said... (8/10/04 10:21 PM) Reply
Your skirt is gorgous. Thanks for this review. I just received this pattern in the mail and was thinking of making it up in a much heavier fabric. I'll take your advice and try something much lighter.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/10/04 9:27 PM) Reply
What a great looking skirt. Nice job.
Levone said... (8/10/04 9:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt and it looks good on you.
LindaS. said... (8/10/04 9:00 PM) Reply
It looks great on you, petra, and that border adds so much more interest. Good review, too.
Tiner W said... (8/10/04 8:41 PM) Reply