Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5611 (Misses's Shirt)

Reviewed by:KathySews

About KathySewsstar
MI United States
Member since: 10/1/06
Posted on:5/2/11 12:49 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
annie1129 said... (5/4/11 10:31 PM) Reply
It looks nice on you, but I think the sleeve length is too long for you. I think that once you address that issue, it will make a world of difference -- in any case it makes a BIG difference on me. I have short arms (I'm short period) but sleeve length is super important for me.
carolynw said... (5/3/11 2:37 PM) Reply
Hi Kathy - I am just finishing up my shirt from this pattern. It runs big - looked at the measurements on the pattern pieces and went down a size and guess another size down would not have hurt. I agree with others - this will be a great shirt for a hot summer and as Sherril says you can remove the sleeves for the cap sleeve version - anyway I don't think you should call this a wadder - it does look nice on you
KathySews said... (5/2/11 4:18 PM) Reply
oops....I meant ..... let it hang
KathySews said... (5/2/11 4:17 PM) Reply
Something to think about....let it hand and think about a makeover
Sherril Miller said... (5/2/11 2:26 PM) Reply
I think a fitted shoulder would look better, but this one has some redeeming features as well. The stripe is pretty, the top fits nicely, and it could fit just a tad better maybe with some underbust darts. If you didn't want to do that, than you can just remove the sleeves and have a nice cap sleeve summer top. Use some bias tape to finish off the armhole.
MNBarb said... (5/2/11 1:07 PM) Reply
But isn't it rewarding to have a loose-fitting, cool, seersucker blouse to wear on a hot summer day? It sounds like you did learn what you don't want for the next top.

Lazy Girl Designs Bendy Bag Paper Pattern