Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8712 (misses pants)

Reviewed by:JETrinity

About JETrinitystarstar
Member since: 8/23/09
Posted on:5/2/11 8:41 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by JETrinity using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

QuiltsShoots&Leaves said... (11/1/11 5:00 PM) Reply
I just finished view C with the zipper (and I agree about the waistband mysteriously covering up at least 1.5 inches of the top of the zipper... I just went ahead and covered it up). For the people asking about size, my measurements match size 18 but I sewed size 16 after comparing the pieces with my pants sloper. I used a ponte knit and they fit beautifully!
tmo said... (5/3/11 11:00 PM) Reply
definitely buttons!
neufy said... (5/3/11 8:51 PM) Reply
I too vote NO BUTTONS! Please let us know what measurement is your hips and what size you used. They look PERFECT!
persevering said... (5/3/11 1:22 PM) Reply
Great pants - fit and style! Personally if it were me, I'd take off the buttons since I prefer the refined designer look your pants have when the topstitching stands on its own - in my opinion, less is more, and the 'fun' factor is there in the style already. Congratulations on your great fit and thank you for sharing.
marthamyers said... (5/3/11 8:29 AM) Reply
What a great pair of pants. I like the buttons too, but actually I think it's kind of fun that you have buttons on one leg only. The fit looks great on you and I really like the ankle length.
hmacski said... (5/3/11 7:34 AM) Reply
I vote for buttons. It adds an element of whimsy. Helen
FreyaStark said... (5/3/11 5:50 AM) Reply
They're cool pants and look as if they would be really comfortable. They're original and interesting enough not to need the further embellishment of the decorative buttons.
JillyBe said... (5/2/11 11:25 PM) Reply
LOVE your fabric choice for these pants - especially w/ the zipper. You just might have convinced me to use the zip in my next pair using this view :) As far as the leg embellishments, I like it as is - on one leg (but then, I'm a Libra who obstinately appreciates the perfect balance of things being unbalanced ;-) However, if you wanted the legs to be the same, I think the buttons add a wonderful certain something :)
mm said... (5/2/11 9:38 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have this pattern and planned to use non stretch fabric and put in a zip. Your tips are very helpful and I will certainly add length. I laughed at the concept of "flood level". How did you find the sizing? On buttons, I prefer the leg without the buttons because I think it shows the excellent top stitching to better effect.
Nancy Rhodes said... (5/2/11 8:51 PM) Reply
Pretty snazzy.... I'm down with your ankle length choice and the zipper too... Can't decide on the button question... Leave them on... you can delete next season and have 'new' pant that most won't remember because the buttons are gone. AND yes... lets make it a pattern of the year.. While I liked all the 2010 winners.. all were dresses or tops or dresses that could be tops.. & all that. LIKE!

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2008-116