Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1407 (Barcelona Dress)

Reviewed by:Lizz

About Lizzstar
Member since: 10/10/03
Posted on:8/12/04 5:40 PM
Last Updated:8/12/04 5:40 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
KristenI said... (8/17/04 0:32 AM) Reply
I can't see the pic either, just a white page.
Lizz said... (8/13/04 12:27 PM) Reply
I added the width to the skirt as well as the bodice. I like the hem the way it is so I'm not too worried. I will post another pic to see if I can get a larger one to come up. I have no idea why a tiny one shows up.
Mary Reed said... (8/12/04 7:28 PM) Reply
Lizz - I can't see the larger picture when I click on the thumbnail. Can you fix it or is it a Deepika question?
Karen Bowers said... (8/12/04 7:20 PM) Reply
i know my barcelona dress came out fairly even as well at the hem, and i didn't alter the pattern. i'm guessing it's somehow the way it hangs off of my body. for my next one, i altered the pattern, so it curved up a few inches higher on the side of the skirt. made all the difference!
Mini said... (8/12/04 6:49 PM) Reply
I think this is by far the best of Loes Hinse's dress designs:easy to sew, looks good on many figure types, and is unusual but not too exotic for everyday. It's been a long time since I made one of these, but I think I have theory about the skirt. When you added width to the bodice, did you make any adjustment to the skirt pieces? If not, the skirt used up some extra fabric when you seamed it to the top part of the dress. This makes the center skirt seam a bit shorter-maybe that could have affected the points. Next time, you can split the skirt pattern where it meets the bodice side seams, and spread it the same amount as you added to the top.

No Pattern Used Dress Reconstruction

by: julliams

Favorite Things Sweet Es-Cape Pattern

Favorite Things Sweet Es-Cape Pattern

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)