Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5177 (MISSES PETITE DRESS AND TIES)

Reviewed by:SewWil

About SewWilstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 11/10/10
Posted on:5/6/11 11:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
dreamdesigner said... (6/25/11 3:31 PM) Reply
Love your choice of fabric.
waltzqueen said... (5/9/11 12:15 PM) Reply
I think both dresses are super. I do like the sash version a bit better, but I would definitely wear it without as well. Great fabric too. I'm guessing this dress in a more fluid fabric would look great on you.
cabrewer82 said... (5/7/11 9:12 PM) Reply
You are clearly in great shape and have amazing arms. So that is your saving grace since the rest of your body isn't showing. But the sash makes it look great too. I personally feel odd in a loose fitting tunic too! But great job!
VirginiasDghter said... (5/7/11 2:04 PM) Reply
What a GREAT dress! I much prefer it with the sash as well.....shows off your great shape! Love, love, love the bold print of your fabric. Nice work!
cleverkitty said... (5/7/11 9:50 AM) Reply
I will be honest with you the dress is very nice but not on you, you have great figure and you should show it off. Before reading the review I thought it was a beach cover-up, I rememberd you had made one from another review and thought you made another one. The sash helps but some darts can get rid of excess fabric...okay I'm talking too much
VivianZ said... (5/7/11 8:19 AM) Reply
I think his dress is really cute on looks good on you. Love the fabric combination.
Woolygal said... (5/7/11 8:16 AM) Reply
Your dress looks very nice. It should be comfortable in the warm weather.
Lori V said... (5/7/11 8:15 AM) Reply
I agree the sash makes it more flattering. In fact, I think it looks great on you. Do you have black fabric to make a sash from that? The fabric is gorgeous.
imsewcrazy said... (5/7/11 7:29 AM) Reply
Your dress is so pretty and looks great on you either way.
LynneMR said... (5/7/11 5:49 AM) Reply
I love this dress on you, with or without the sash. On me it would look like a sack, but it looks so elegant on your slim figure. I love the print you chose too.
manola6176 said... (5/7/11 3:07 AM) Reply
I suppose it is more easy going without the sash, but so sash is so elegant. I like the groovy flower patterned fabric. Great dress
Nancywin said... (5/7/11 0:57 AM) Reply
I agree that the sash makes it more flattering. I think a wide black belt would look good too. The fabric is beautiful.
Sew tell me said... (5/7/11 0:38 AM) Reply
I think it looks great on you!
Christas said... (5/7/11 0:20 AM) Reply
I like it with the sash. I have made this dress, too. It was such a big wadder that I never even reviewed it! Yours looks so much better than mine did!
Knitters Delight said... (5/6/11 11:53 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on you both ways.

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern