Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4954 (Jacket - design your own)

Reviewed by:petra

About petrastarstar
NH USA
Member since: 6/20/03
Posted on:8/15/04 9:27 PM
Last Updated:8/15/04 9:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
hongkongshopper said... (1/25/05 9:15 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket - well done! I love all the detail.
Loreli said... (8/20/04 0:15 AM) Reply
Petra, its beautifull!!!!!!!
petra said... (8/17/04 5:31 AM) Reply
Thank you for the nice comments. I wore this for the first time yesterday, and it felt great, fits like a glove. I made the button loops using narrow self-stuffed bias tubes - take a piece of bias 4-6" long x 1". Fold RS together and stitch 1/8" from the fold, using a 1mm stitch and stretching slightly as you sew. Trim to lslightly less than 1/8". Uisng large needle and doubled thread, take a couple of stitches through the fold at one end, drop needle through and invert tube. No cording needed!
candyo said... (8/16/04 9:14 PM) Reply
I just cut my pattern pieces for this last nite! Thank you for the first of what will be many reviews for this jacket! Have you seen our sewalong on the message boards?
Danvillegirl said... (8/16/04 7:00 PM) Reply
Petra, a very nice review. I have this pattern and have not tried it yet. I have some nice fabrics waiting for it. Thanks for the info regarding the buttons. I know you used the lining fabric for loops, did you cover cording or something with them. Inquiry minds want to know.
AnneM said... (8/16/04 11:55 AM) Reply
Very classy looking. Those buttons are a perfect match. I bought this pattern right when I saw it, now i just need to find the time to make it. Thanks for the inspiration & information.
galadriel45 said... (8/16/04 10:00 AM) Reply
Petra, thanks for reviewing this - I have the pattern and it is in the "cycle" to sew. You have once again done an incredible, professional job. It is a joy to see your work.
SouthernStitch said... (8/16/04 9:33 AM) Reply
I too love this jacket pattern, and should have my own review out as soon as I get around to the real one. Your buttons match the jacket so well - it really is awesome!!
Deepika said... (8/16/04 9:28 AM) Reply
Awesome! what a nice jacket.
LoriB said... (8/16/04 8:51 AM) Reply
Very nice! The jacket looks fantastic! I have this pattern and am inspired to try it.
bluestreakmi said... (8/16/04 7:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and a great review. Love the red trim between the lining and facing.
cindyann said... (8/16/04 7:16 AM) Reply
Wonderful. I love your buttons! You got a much trimmer fit in the back than I did with this pattern. Your red trim really sets it off.
Asa Hagstrom said... (8/16/04 6:25 AM) Reply
Ooh, nice! A lot of us are using this pattern (or at least planning to use it) in the Chanel sew-along on the message boards. It's so nice to see a finished version!
Darla in PA said... (8/16/04 6:05 AM) Reply
Petra, what I can see of your jacket it's beautiful. (I'm rarely able to see the project photo.) Great job on the details.
MelissaL88 said... (8/16/04 5:56 AM) Reply
Petra, Beautiful jacket! Thank you for the thoughtful review. I really like the buttons with the button loops. They add a very nice RTW touch to the jacket. This pattern is on my "list" for this fall. Now I think I'll move it up to the top.
jlg said... (8/16/04 5:16 AM) Reply
So pretty and elegant and expensive looking.
MaryBeth said... (8/16/04 4:21 AM) Reply
Excellent job, petra. Love the classy lining and piping. I would rather see a pic of it on you, though. Love the fabric.
Sherril Miller said... (8/16/04 2:42 AM) Reply
Looks like you just bought it from the smartest RTW botique--and pair a ton of $$$ for it, but I think you're the smart one. I love the fit and the fabric is wonderful. Great job.
KristenI said... (8/16/04 0:24 AM) Reply
I love these jackets. I think I'd like to try view H. Thx for reviewing.
Irene said... (8/15/04 11:02 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket, Petra! Thank you for the close-ups for sharing your exotic button source.
drsue said... (8/15/04 10:37 PM) Reply
Very excellent, and those buttons are wonderful.
Jennie Pakula said... (8/15/04 10:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for a helpful review. It's a lovely jacket.
Melissa S. said... (8/15/04 10:03 PM) Reply
I don't know how I missed this great pattern when I looked at the catalog yesterday. Well done!
PVA said... (8/15/04 9:42 PM) Reply
What a lovely jacket! I would love to see you in it, perhaps when you post the next photo? Anyway, thanks for this review & all the photos. It's a really great jacket!
alicia said... (8/15/04 9:32 PM) Reply
Petra, this jacket is beautiful!!! Go big - can't wait to see your silk version. Nice work!

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-127