Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> Sporty Sarong Short (Sporty Sarong Short)

Reviewed by:loti

About lotistarstarstar
FL USA
Member since: 5/27/04

Posted on:5/13/11 8:47 PM
Last Updated:5/14/11 12:33 PM

sandysewin said... (7/23/11 8:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on making this out of knit. I'd made one out of rayon, but wondered if it would groooooowwwww when made out of knit. I LOVE the idea of making the shorts back out of a completely different fabric!
marec said... (5/31/11 3:50 PM) Reply
These are wonderful!
marec said... (5/31/11 3:50 PM) Reply
These are wonderful!
cerulean said... (5/15/11 6:21 PM) Reply
It looks really cute and they are a really nice change of style from the usual running shorts! Great job!
Raye Ann said... (5/14/11 7:35 PM) Reply
Loti, thank you so much!! Ingenious solution;)
Nancywin said... (5/14/11 3:25 PM) Reply
Wow! that was quick Loti! Really cute shorts and they look great on you!
psm484 said... (5/14/11 10:44 AM) Reply
I'm wondering how it would be to make the over skirt detachable? You could have more than one over skirt this way. Maybe it wouldn't be as comfortable though. ?
eruuska said... (5/14/11 8:44 AM) Reply
I downloaded this, but haven't gone any farther. I think I'll go stash diving after seeing yours! Thanks for the tip about the fabric and seaming the ties as a possibility
Margaret said... (5/14/11 6:30 AM) Reply
Interesting pattern and fabric, looks very cute on you!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (5/14/11 5:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review I was very curious about this pattern. Nice result!
LynneMR said... (5/14/11 3:46 AM) Reply
This looks super cute - thanks for the great review.
bananaoil said... (5/14/11 1:22 AM) Reply
Thanks, I downloaded this too. Now, I might make it up. Yours look nice.
loti said... (5/13/11 11:48 PM) Reply
Raye Ann, sorry I didn't try them on until the skirt was attached and the elastic was inserted. I plan on wearing them with a tank top. Katelew - LOL sorry, when you posted about it, I suddenly found myself at fabric.com downloading. Thank you everyone for your comments, I decided to turn up the serged edge and stitch, I think it looks a bit nicer now.
Raye Ann said... (5/13/11 11:41 PM) Reply
thank you, loti! i downloaded this today but hadn't looked up the missing size chart yet:) I hate tucking tops into elastic, so what is your verdict on the drapey, flared shorts without the skirt??
renren said... (5/13/11 11:36 PM) Reply
Love 'em, Loti! They look great! Congratz on being the first to review them, too, and based on the comments, these might get sewn a lot this summer.
jannw said... (5/13/11 11:04 PM) Reply
very cute...that is a lot of fabric in those!
katlew03 said... (5/13/11 10:54 PM) Reply
Hey, you beat me to it. I was going to make this today but too much other stuff got in the way. I think your shorts turned out really nice and will definitely try to make them very soon.
Riesie said... (5/13/11 10:08 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you submitted this review. I saw the pattern on the fabric.com website and was dithering. Thanks for helping me decide to download it after all.
SexiSadi said... (5/13/11 10:05 PM) Reply
I was just asking today if anyone really knew if it was true that this pattern took 2.75 yards of fabric. Imagine my happiness when I saw this review on the main page! :) THEN, imagine my sadness when I read that you didn't know the yardage because you used scraps. :( lol ANyway, I may just have to break down and buy some of the $3 a yard chiffon clearance from fabric.com to get some cheap yardage to try this out. lol Thanks for the review!
michellep74 said... (5/13/11 9:55 PM) Reply
These are really cute on you--I think you've sold me! I like wearing shorts on weekends but hate how casual they look--I think these would solve that problem.
crazygrad said... (5/13/11 8:54 PM) Reply
I think it looks fantastic on you. I really want to make this for summer activities. It HAS to be cheaper than the Terry athletic shorts I got on clearance. (Price is okay on clearance, but the standard price is jaw dropping.)

Kwik Sew 3567

by: velosewer

No Pattern Used - no number

by: Sigrid.

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

SewBaby Mitten Wraps and One Piece Hat Pattern