Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1027 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:MissMarnie

About MissMarniestarstarstar
OR United States
Member since: 5/9/11

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:5/14/11 4:48 PM

Other Projects by MissMarnie using this Pattern

SewWil said... (5/23/11 5:01 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. I think it looks great on you.
Hilary said... (5/17/11 9:04 PM) Reply
Wow, I was surprised you don't absolutely *LOVE* this-the print looks beautiful on you, it definitely doesn't overwhelm you. It hangs beautifully too, and just looks gorgeous. I would wear it everyday if I had something that looked so cute on me! LOL. :o) thanks for the review!
mad stash said... (5/15/11 4:31 PM) Reply
That's cool that you're pushing the boundaries of what you normally wear - to me that's the most exciting thing about sewing. Especially with the designer patterns. It certainly looks like the risk paid off for you! In my opinion, the scale of the print works perfectly with the the dress. I actually like your version better than the picture! Even though it was bulky to sew, trust me, it doesn't look bulky on you. Those kind of wrap fronts always gape a bit when you bend over, but then any time you bend over in a shirt that's not a turtleneck you can see down it.
becca a said... (5/15/11 9:42 AM) Reply
This dress is beautiful on you. The print looks great, not too big.
becca a said... (5/15/11 9:42 AM) Reply
This dress is beautiful on you. The print looks great, not too big.
NC Carol said... (5/15/11 9:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I like the dress and the fabric and think that it flatters your figure in a very feminine way. That deep V-neck and your small waist work together beautifully, imho.
VivianZ said... (5/15/11 8:02 AM) Reply
I think it looks great! Good dress for a lot of things.
Nancywin said... (5/15/11 0:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful. I thought I recognized that print. I may just have to order some! I agree that the dress is not as fitted on you as on the envelope. I have found that I often need to go down a size in Vogue as it seems they often have more ease built into their patterns. Good job on the dress.
MissMarnie said... (5/15/11 0:27 AM) Reply
Wow, all this great feedback, thank you. Maybe I need to get past my big print aversion and wear this out a few times before writing it off
bettimon said... (5/14/11 11:00 PM) Reply
Definitely this pattern does not overwhelm you. I think it looks fantastic!
Pamaro said... (5/14/11 9:17 PM) Reply
I looked at the pictures before reading your review and I thought how lovely that print and style dress look on you. I'm sorry you are less than thrilled with it because you truly look great in it. Thank you also for thr thorough review.
21wale said... (5/14/11 8:20 PM) Reply
This is a very elegant dress. Your version is much better than the envelope's.
MNBarb said... (5/14/11 7:55 PM) Reply
No, you aren't too petite for this print. The dress looks great on you in all ways. It might not be your normal attire but you will get tons of compliments when you wear it.
mm said... (5/14/11 6:52 PM) Reply
And here was I thinking how nice it looked on you. The fit is good and the print looks lovely.
crazygrad said... (5/14/11 5:55 PM) Reply
I think it looks really cute on you! And the dog is adorable!

Understanding Knit Fabrics