Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6677 (Misses Tunics)

Reviewed by:SewSho

About SewShostar
Member since: 2/23/10
Posted on:5/16/11 4:10 AM
Last Updated:5/16/11 4:14 AM
idesign said... (5/20/11 7:30 PM) Reply
I was browsing the reviews and only clicking on the very few that stood out as exceptional. Well, you know I clicked on yours! Looks fantastic!
Oh2Sew2 said... (5/18/11 4:52 PM) Reply
Very cute, flattering and cool for summer!
21wale said... (5/17/11 7:37 PM) Reply
...(continued) for the current bustage (: Hope you're able to get a good fix for the gaping, as I'm sure it'll be something you can use for other tops you sew.
21wale said... (5/17/11 7:36 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty tunic! I'm biased in this department, of course, but I think it's a flattering look
waltzqueen said... (5/17/11 5:55 PM) Reply
Ooohhh! Very, very pretty top. I love the delicate elegance of the burn out fabric. Your tunic is definitely prettier than the tops on the pattern cover.
SewSho said... (5/17/11 12:45 PM) Reply
Ooh so many great comments! Thx guys, I'm looking at it in a different light now! @Loti Thanks for the link, just what I need! And Doh yes it is New Look not Simplicity! I've edited so it comes up correctly now,thx:)
Woolygal said... (5/17/11 8:49 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this top. I just love the fabric you chose.
pdiddly said... (5/17/11 8:03 AM) Reply
that is such a pretty top
mm said... (5/17/11 5:54 AM) Reply
I think it looks great.
VirginiasDghter said... (5/16/11 8:56 PM) Reply
Really cute top!
Hilary said... (5/16/11 3:11 PM) Reply
I am sorry you don't like how your top came out~I am with the other commentors, though-it looks really cute on you! And the fabrics are lovely. I agree also that the gaping issue is very easy to resolve; taking little darts in the paper pattern around the neck (where the gaping occurs) works wonders. I have to do that all the time, and it really helps. Good luck!
loti said... (5/16/11 2:41 PM) Reply
That is very cute, the Gaping issue is something that can be corrected very easily, here's a link to a the sewing divas website where they corrected this very same issue. I think this is a New Look 6677, I tried to look it up on the Simplicity site and it doesn't exist.
twinkle72 said... (5/16/11 1:12 PM) Reply
I also think you did a great a job and that the tunic is really cute.
Aroura said... (5/16/11 1:11 PM) Reply
I'm sorry about the bust gaping, but it looks pretty minor, not really noticable, in the full pictures at least. I think it turned out very pretty!
CypGrl said... (5/16/11 11:41 AM) Reply
Was surprised to read that you don't just love this top. So pretty on you.
SewWil said... (5/16/11 10:45 AM) Reply
Very pretty top. I like your fabric combination. It looks very good on you.
ButtonFaith said... (5/16/11 9:53 AM) Reply
I don't know...I'm really loving this one! I agree with Nanax4..when something doesn't come out as we originally envisioned it we tend to be disappointed! This is really lovely and looks lovely on you..I hope you grow to love it!
Nanax4 said... (5/16/11 9:24 AM) Reply
I think the clue is your comment that, "it did not look how I wanted." Try to forget your original mental image and just look at the way the tunic is. It is really lovely, very unique, and (as far as I'm concerned) very flattering on you.
Myspirit4 said... (5/16/11 9:09 AM) Reply
I absolutely love this top! The fabrics you chose are just beautiful..and, I think it looks great on you! :)
SewSho said... (5/16/11 8:01 AM) Reply
Thx guys, perhaps I'm just feeling it's 'not me' though my DH says he likes it. @MNBarb, yeah I'm wearing my most paderific bra in the pic! it's an upper chest thing I think, perhaps I've been jaded by celebrity boobs, they seem to start at the collar bone!
sewing for fun said... (5/16/11 7:43 AM) Reply
Your top is absolutely beautiful - that combo of sheer and floral print are SO pretty! Maybe you can tweak the pattern to remove the gap... I have similar problems with tops even with a 36H bust - I believe it is the shape of the upper chest in my case, and have been able to fix it by taking numerous tiny darts in pattern piece where gaping occurs. Serendipity makes a similar tunic and now you have inspired me to try it.
MNBarb said... (5/16/11 7:03 AM) Reply
After looking at your photo I thought, "that's one of the cutest tunics I've seen made from this pattern" only to then read that you didn't like it. Unless this is a case of great photography, this top is so cute on you! The bodice appears to be semi-fitted and not muu muu-ish, but flattering. Words of wisdom from a AA bust, when you can't fill out the top buy an add-a-size padded bra. They work wonders and prevent the need for a small bust adjustment.
poppykettle said... (5/16/11 6:46 AM) Reply
i love the fabric you've used around the neck and waist :) Good work!
Pattern Work
Pattern Work

Kwik Sew 2821

by: Laima1956

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size 1X-4X)

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size 1X-4X)

You Sew Girl Kids Hats Pattern