Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2011-106 (04-2011-106)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:5/15/11 11:18 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Memaddiemike said... (7/5/11 10:11 AM) Reply
Really great fit...it doesn't "read" housedress at all to me. As for a next version...it looks like it would be great in a solid of your favorite color!
rutaliet said... (6/29/11 1:17 PM) Reply
Your comment about thinking you would look like the beautiful model on the beach made me laugh so hard - because I confess I live in that same dream world and thought the exact same thing when I looked at that picture. I've never made a BurdaStyle pattern but I think that I have to make this dress now after reading your review. Thanks for putting a smile on my face!
Mushywear said... (5/29/11 3:20 PM) Reply
I really like this! What a fun print, and as always, I love it styled with the black leggings. This dress wants to be outside in the sun not stuck in the "house".
Hilary said... (5/17/11 8:09 PM) Reply
You look great in this! Definitely not a house dress! LOL~ I don't get this magazine but this looks like it might translate well to any basic shirtdress. Thanks for the review, great job!
FreyaStark said... (5/16/11 6:59 AM) Reply
Very snazzy. It doesn't look like a house dress at all.
sfshaza said... (5/16/11 0:15 AM) Reply
Very cute! Not "housedress-like" at all. :D
cleverkitty said... (5/15/11 7:53 PM) Reply
I think it looks sharp on you, it does not look like a house dress. I give you credit for doing a Burda pattern from the magazine.
LynneMR said... (5/15/11 7:51 PM) Reply
This is such a great dress on you and I love the print.
Heatherrique said... (5/15/11 5:11 PM) Reply
Eyecatchingly chic!
redrockcity said... (5/15/11 2:59 PM) Reply
Fantastic print and color! The dress looks much too tailored to be a housecoat!
manola6176 said... (5/15/11 2:31 PM) Reply
I like the dress very much on you ad the groovy print too.
Janiki said... (5/15/11 1:28 PM) Reply
I like your dress. Nice lines, and thanks to your review I can see what it really looks like. May give this one a go too.
TrixieSews said... (5/15/11 12:51 PM) Reply
I don't think it looks like a house dress at all. Looks stylish with a very groovy print!
crazygrad said... (5/15/11 11:46 AM) Reply
Cute! And your dog is adorable!
kidmd said... (5/15/11 11:37 AM) Reply
Cute! I love the fun print you used. I've been thinking about making this one, but the model photo was a head scratcher, so it's great to see it without all the BurdaStyle craziness.