Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-119

Posted on:5/15/11 7:44 PM

Sue Anfang said... (5/16/11 11:58 AM) Reply
Great job, I know how hard you worked! Sue
JTink said... (5/16/11 9:21 AM) Reply
These look just fine...if you don't think so, just do some people watching and you will see that you have the best fit;-) And I love the fuschia socks...LOL
renren said... (5/16/11 9:03 AM) Reply
Claire, I understand your quest for the elusive TNT pants pattern with that perfect fit, but I've got to tell you--if I ever achieve such a great fit as you have with these, I will consider it my TNT pattern! I think they look great and will follow along as you journey to your TNT pattern.
Margaret said... (5/16/11 8:10 AM) Reply
Very helpful review and I think they do look good on you. I have a similar problem with the back wrinkles -- getting the leg shifted over the right amount without the grainline getting odd and/or the side seam getting too curved. I've started to wonder (and this is just a random thought that I have not yet tried) if a seam down the back of the leg might somehow help. Anyway, thanks for the review and best of luck on the fitting process.
Terri A said... (5/16/11 1:39 AM) Reply
Yes this is great - every step to the TNT you want! :-) Nice work!
sewbehind said... (5/15/11 11:34 PM) Reply
Love the pants and the fuschia socks. You are achieving quite a nice fit.
jannw said... (5/15/11 11:17 PM) Reply
very informative and they look good on you..certainly lots better than what I see on the street!
solosmocker said... (5/15/11 10:17 PM) Reply
These are actually quite good and I know you will get the right tweaks done to bring them back to behavior. I really like the width of this pant leg.
MNBarb said... (5/15/11 9:16 PM) Reply
I'm learning so much from your fitting journey. You are so patient. You had those wrinkles gone in the photo with the wonky side seam. It seems like you did all the right things and now they are back, aargh! I'm going to be thinking about the engineering of this in my sleep tonight. I see you wore heels for the photos. That trick didn't work for me. Somehow I have under-butt wrinkles even when elevated. In the end, the pants look great on your slim and trim physique.
21wale said... (5/15/11 8:48 PM) Reply
I actually think your final product looks quite good - grey is a good color for hiding fitting wrinkles, I think. I can empathize with you on the quest for a great fit, but at least you can get a decent pair once in a while for your efforts, while you go on to fiddle with other pairs!

More Knits