Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1115 (Chado Ralph Rucci tunic)

Reviewed by:loti

Last Updated:5/21/11 5:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

valkyrie01 said... (8/22/11 2:27 AM) Reply
Looks great! Thank you for all the tips and warnings! I have this in my pattern stash and want to make it. I love the shape of it. I am wondering if Rucci was influenced by Issey Miyake? Check this vintage shirt: http://www.swankvintage.com/1931.html
sewbarbie said... (6/23/11 1:37 AM) Reply
I keep eyeing this one, after seeing yours, I feel inspired.
jannw said... (6/5/11 2:16 PM) Reply
How did I miss this review?? It turned out great!! Love the silhoute on you ..what a beautiful job you did! Fantastic fabric...
cerulean said... (6/1/11 2:42 PM) Reply
Great job! I wouldn't have thought of using the drizzlewear fabric. It's such a neat style!
Rhoda K said... (5/25/11 7:55 PM) Reply
Such a beautiful jacket, I love the style. You did an amazing job - your hard work paid off.
moushka said... (5/24/11 1:27 PM) Reply
Fabulous top, you did a terrific job. The style is so iconic - I really think it's one of the most beautiful garments of the 21st century!
Sara The Slayer said... (5/23/11 10:38 AM) Reply
Thanks, I was looking at the dress version of something similar in that collection, but sounds like it's too hard for me. Looks great for you though!
jaeng said... (5/22/11 10:37 AM) Reply
What a special top! I like the gusset sleeve and all the fun seams. I might make a coat out of this, great idea on the rainwear fabric!
Karine said... (5/22/11 10:16 AM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent review. Your comments and photos are so helpful. I love this pattern, but admit I've been intimidated to try it. It looks great on you and your topstitching is beautiful!
harmony758 said... (5/22/11 8:37 AM) Reply
I love it! I have a couple of the Chado Ralph Rucci patterns that I'm a little afraid of trying out. So cheers to you! And thank you for the excellent review!
Margaret said... (5/22/11 7:30 AM) Reply
Really impressive work -- looks great! Seems to me like the large sleeves make this pattern a particularly good choice for not-so-breathable rainwear fabric -- they could allow more air circulation than you'd get on a really fitted style.
arianamaniacs said... (5/22/11 5:25 AM) Reply
I love your version. I wasn't too impressed with the pattern envelope, but your top looks great!
pdiddly said... (5/22/11 4:36 AM) Reply
I give you 10/10 for perseverance from what I read in your comments - I love the look of the pattern, sadly I think I need to drop a few pounds before I would look so nice on me - well done.
Riversinger said... (5/21/11 10:03 PM) Reply
Now that I see it on you, I'm thinking even more it would work to open the front. Too bad your fabric is grabby, making your plan harder. Thanks for all your good tips!
FreyaStark said... (5/21/11 8:44 PM) Reply
An impressive effort.
annie1129 said... (5/21/11 7:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
lamstu said... (5/21/11 5:45 PM) Reply
Fantastic top! I never thought of it as outerwear but it is brilliant. I am intrigued to try this pattern after your favorable review and seeing your great result (and because I'm curious to see how the gusset seams are finished).
PittyPat said... (5/21/11 5:34 PM) Reply
Absolutely love the color! And a great job you did on the pattern. Looks so neat - and not your typical 'rainwear'. Great job.
renren said... (5/21/11 12:27 PM) Reply
Oh, this is a wonderful garment. It's seems almost architectural with those sculpted lines--another monument to your sewing skills! Just came back to check the full-fledged review. Your seaming is meticulous. Thanks for all the construction info/details/photos.
Clareew said... (5/21/11 2:46 AM) Reply
great, you have done a brilliant job
Athene said... (5/21/11 2:16 AM) Reply
What fabulous raiinwear. I really like Rucci patterns. I never thought of making this one because I'm not sure the style would suit me, but you really made it work in the rainwear fabric.
LynneMR said... (5/21/11 2:13 AM) Reply
This looks such an elegant style - I love the neckline and sleeve shape. Great fabric choice.
Sewiing Sue said... (5/20/11 11:43 PM) Reply
Very smart looking.
loti said... (5/20/11 11:09 PM) Reply
It is pretty easy to take on and off, I was thinking about any circumstance where you would need the zipper, and can't think of one. Opening it down the front would be a really good idea.
Riversinger said... (5/20/11 10:20 PM) Reply
How funny! I just pulled this same pattern out, thinking I wanted to somehow fit this into my wardrobe. I've been thinking about opening it down the front center and making it into a jacket. I really like what you did with it. And in my favorite color! is it easy to take on and off?

Other Bronte Knit Top