Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5974

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:5/17/11 9:30 PM

Vesta Patterns

myeclecticmess said... (5/19/11 6:29 PM) Reply
Thank you for the binding tip! I'm going to have to bookmark that for sure. I just made the scoop neck version and did my own attempt at a bound edge and wasn't happy with my results. I'm going to have to see if I can safely pick it out and redo it using your method. Otherwise there is always next time as this is on my re-sew list for sure.
SheBear0320 said... (5/18/11 11:55 PM) Reply
Great job on your dresses Kay -- they look amazing. I recognize the waist wrap fabric from Montreal (it made it into my stash too and I just sewed it up). I've got this pattern in my stash and I picked up the perfect fabric for it in Chicago. It's in the sewing project queue.
Athene said... (5/18/11 10:26 PM) Reply
Both dresses are great and thank you so much for the binding tip.
JTink said... (5/18/11 6:44 PM) Reply
Wonderful dresses. I'm so glad there was a A-B version. So many make the wrap and forget about the other. I haven't made the wrap yet, but have made about 8 from the A-B view.
carolynw said... (5/18/11 4:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful dresses - shows off your lovely figure to great advantage. Well done Kay and very helpful review
Ericaeli said... (5/18/11 3:13 PM) Reply
I got this pattern based on all the great review. Your review makes me want to get it out and actually sew it up! Your dress both look wonderful on you.
Margaret said... (5/18/11 1:33 PM) Reply
Wonderful dresses -- I love how different the two versions look!
GlobalMom said... (5/18/11 1:15 PM) Reply
I most definitely need to dig this one out of my stash. Both versions look so beautiful - it will be hard to chose!
MamaSewing said... (5/18/11 10:47 AM) Reply
I have this one cut out and ready to sew - your great dresses make me want to finish it today!
Mahler said... (5/18/11 10:26 AM) Reply
I did you go about without those dresses, they seem to be so comfortable on top of looking stylish. Wonderful dresses Kay !
marec said... (5/18/11 10:06 AM) Reply
Wow, your review hits so many points I have been considering. Thanks! As I commented on your blog, I love both of these dresses-they are so flattering.
SewWil said... (5/18/11 10:03 AM) Reply
I love both dresses. Great fabrics! Thank you for your detailed review.
becca a said... (5/18/11 7:32 AM) Reply
What beautiful dresses! I love both versions.
FreyaStark said... (5/18/11 6:44 AM) Reply
Two very chic dresses - and in one weekend! Quite a feat.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (5/18/11 3:40 AM) Reply
Fabulous dresses and a great review. I have just made the wrap version and am with you - it is very flattering and I may need another one!
Liana said... (5/18/11 1:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I recognize that Chicago fabric! I just got this pattern out yesterday, but am waiting for my cutting table to return home. Loaned it out for a graduation party. I like both of these, and they look fabulous on you, of course.
BexInMD said... (5/17/11 11:36 PM) Reply
These dresses fit you so well and the fabrics are lovely. You make this knit-phobic sewist want to change her ways!
persevering said... (5/17/11 11:14 PM) Reply
Thank you for posting such a helpful review; what lovely dresses!
Sew4Fun said... (5/17/11 10:14 PM) Reply
Such a helpful review, thanks! I love version B, so much so you have inspired me to fish out the pattern from the depths of my pattern stash. :) Nice job.
redrockcity said... (5/17/11 10:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful dresses! The fit is perfect. I'm going to try the binding technique next time I make this pattern as well. The fold over seams on the neckline of version I made do not look very professional.

by: Sandi S