Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1179 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:prosestitch

About prosestitchstar
Member since: 2/11/10
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:5/18/11 7:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
SJ Kurtz said... (3/8/14 3:31 PM) Reply
I hunted your review down in reference to using a woven for this pattern. Glad to know it works, and I'm revv'n up the layout board even now.
CBrushNew2Sewing said... (8/17/11 2:55 PM) Reply
This looks fantastic! I love the long-sleeved shirt under it - great look. Inspiring!
mesewlot said... (5/20/11 0:07 AM) Reply
What a great idea, love it!
CarolynGM said... (5/19/11 7:19 PM) Reply
Very interesting way to make up this pattern. It looks good in a woven.
Erin Sooit said... (5/19/11 4:40 PM) Reply
Thank you for experimenting on this dress to turn it into a tunic! I was thinking about the same idea, and you've done the legwork for me :D
lynne1nor said... (5/19/11 2:17 PM) Reply
Nice job with the tunic conversion - I think it looks much nicer than the dress version shown on the pattern envelope!
marec said... (5/19/11 10:23 AM) Reply
Terrific changes to the pattern-I love this tunic and wish I could carry it but sadly, no. It looks great on you.
Kathy in NM said... (5/19/11 9:41 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great style change your fabric makes! This looks great as a blouse with the heavier weight fabric.
dillyo said... (5/19/11 2:15 AM) Reply
I love the structure and body the wool gives this top. It looks great on you - I agree with franticfashion that this really suits your body type! If you recut the cowl on the bias, make sure you post another picture so we can compare the drape :)
21wale said... (5/19/11 0:12 AM) Reply
Really lovely.
prosestitch said... (5/18/11 11:26 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comments. I love your wise suggestion Irene. I can how a bias cut would work so much better. I will have to try it.
Lori V said... (5/18/11 11:11 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
prosestitch said... (5/18/11 10:36 PM) Reply
GoSewGirl said... (5/18/11 10:29 PM) Reply
I love your woven tunic version! This really is a great pattern. I've recently made it and it's really easy and really flattering. As I was reading your review, I thought that your cowl would drape as you want if you cut it on the bias—I see that Irene has all ready suggested it!
jaeng said... (5/18/11 10:28 PM) Reply
Oh wow, I love it. Yours look 100 times better than the original.
rivergum said... (5/18/11 10:09 PM) Reply
I love your version of this pattern and I think it looks wonderful on you. IMO you are slim enough to pull it off, on anyone with curves it would look like a tent in the heavier, woven wool fabric.
prosestitch said... (5/18/11 9:44 PM) Reply
touran said... (5/18/11 9:19 PM) Reply
Great look. I didn't even recognize it as the dress from the pattern.
Athene said... (5/18/11 8:57 PM) Reply
The top looks very attractive in a woven - I like Irene's advice to try it on the bias next time.
Irene said... (5/18/11 8:33 PM) Reply
A worthy experiment! It looks like your cowl is cut on the straight grain. To have any semblance of the knit version of the original design, a woven fabric needs to be cut on the bias . . . and would require more fabric.
mm said... (5/18/11 8:28 PM) Reply
I think it looks great as a top.

by: Sheila457