Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4056 (Just Jennifer/Adult)

Reviewed by:JoleneF

Posted on:8/20/04 11:22 AM
Last Updated:9/29/04 3:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Miss Kim said... (3/14/05 9:16 AM) Reply
Great review. Very helpful. I just bought this pattern and was glad to read your suggestions. Thanks!
mClones said... (9/29/04 7:02 PM) Reply
Really like the various incarnations - especially the latest.
JoleneF said... (9/29/04 6:32 PM) Reply
Hilary, there are no pockets. I am sure you could add them though.
Hilary said... (9/29/04 5:16 PM) Reply
I *love* your latest version! I'm sure your Mom will too- btw, does this have pockets?
Elemenopeo said... (9/29/04 4:49 PM) Reply
Another very nice jacket - your creative energy is really fun to watch!
SouthernStitch said... (9/1/04 3:12 PM) Reply
Loving your jackets! You've really been able to create your own look with the brown colors and blocks - very very nice!
Doris Stewart said... (8/31/04 10:00 AM) Reply
Love the browns
Teri said... (8/31/04 9:47 AM) Reply
I like the changes you made. Your jacket looks great!
JoleneF said... (8/22/04 12:12 PM) Reply
I am having trouble getting a link from this pattern to the B4055 I did that is the same jacket for a child, what do I need to do to link up?
Danvillegirl said... (8/21/04 5:21 PM) Reply
Cute and nice review.
JoleneF said... (8/21/04 12:03 PM) Reply
Mag, It does take time to do this. Much is going to depend on the size of the blocks you cut for that sewing. I just started another one last night and I am cutting my blocks bigger this time. I am also going to try using a quilting template this time for more structure in my sewing in each of the blocks after they are on the jacket. I started the jacket in this review about a week ago. I don't work and sew some during the day and also sew in the evenings. If you just know that this is not going to be one of those projects that will be done in 1 day, you will be fine. I just really like the jacket. I am making it in a small this time across the top and it is much better. I will update when I get this one finished.
mag said... (8/21/04 10:57 AM) Reply
What a nice project. How many hours does it take to sew the random pieces. I am thinking of doing this one, but would have to schedule sewing time.
lilhoney57 said... (8/21/04 7:08 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket & review. Thanks!
JoleneF said... (8/20/04 4:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments, I am glad someone else agreed that it may need to go smaller. I have never made one the size I am going to next and I am starting it tonight. My husband helped me with my color pieces and we'll see what the next saga brings. Stay tuned for updates.
Hilary said... (8/20/04 3:34 PM) Reply
very nice jacket- I'm thinking this would make a wonderful gift for my Mom this year :o) thanks for the review!
AuntieShel said... (8/20/04 3:26 PM) Reply
Cute and cuddly!! Good job! I wonder if you could make it "fancy" with some evening type fabric.
PVA said... (8/20/04 2:41 PM) Reply
Cute jacket -- I do agree you could use a smaller size, but you did find some really cute fabrics to put together. Thanks for the review.

Make Bra DL21