Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 145 (Chinese Pajamas)

Review submitted in Knock-Off Contest - 2011 Contest

Last Updated:6/2/11 12:55 PM

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

fuzzygalore said... (6/9/11 8:21 AM) Reply
The result looks great, but as you say it sounds like a whole lot of work, some of it a bad surprise..
Aroura said... (6/7/11 9:21 PM) Reply
LindaO, I think it could be converted to unlined, but I'm honestly not sure how. Perhaps just use the facings, and leave out the lining? This could be converted to sleeveless, but note it has very dropped shoulders, so that would need to be accounted for. I'd make a muslin, and give it a go! And thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. DH really loves this so far, and couldn't wait for Fathers Day to start wearing it. :)
LindaO said... (6/7/11 7:25 PM) Reply
One more question - we have seen a sleeveless summer uni top, but the price is $80 plus shipping ($20). Do you think this could be converted to sleeveless?
LindaO said... (6/7/11 7:23 PM) Reply
This is so timely, my husband is asking for a lightweight tai chi uniform (not the pink silk kind...) and this might fit the bill. I am thinking of making it in rayon. Do you feel it must be lined? That would make it hotter (and today it was 97).
annakeeton said... (6/3/11 6:18 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks very well constructed. What a great Father's Day gift.
SheBear0320 said... (6/3/11 0:43 AM) Reply
You did a great job on this jacket and took account of every little detail. Great frog closures and I love the lining.
Terri A said... (6/2/11 6:20 PM) Reply
I love the frog closures. WOW! This jacket is amazing!
marec said... (6/2/11 5:53 PM) Reply
What a beautifully executed project!
Dale C said... (6/2/11 3:06 PM) Reply
Nice! I'm glad you were able to get it entered, it looks great!
JillyBe said... (6/2/11 1:04 PM) Reply
What a great job Aroura! Looks excellent!
fattyboomboom said... (6/2/11 8:37 AM) Reply
I'm so impressed with your frog closures! You've made such a nice jacket; what a great wife you are!
popo said... (6/1/11 12:15 PM) Reply
I must not let my husband see this review. I can't even finish altering his pants. lol Great job!
Margaret said... (6/1/11 10:21 AM) Reply
Sorry about the problems with the pattern... most of the Folkwear patterns I've used have been better than this one sounds (although I've found that many do have too-tight necklines/collars). Anyway, glad you were able to solve the problems... the jacket really looks great and I love your fabric/lining combo!
jannw said... (5/31/11 3:02 PM) Reply
Great results! Sorry to hear about the pattern problems. Like you, for an expensive pattern, I expect better!
lamstu said... (5/31/11 8:15 AM) Reply
What a fabulous jacket! (I wish my DH would tell me what he wants too. ;))
FreyaStark said... (5/31/11 7:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for a useful review. I've been thinking of using this pattern to imitate Shanghai Tang's exquisite but expensive velvet Chinese jackets but I feel wary of tackling a pattern that contains mistakes. A nice job, anyway, especially your clever solutions to problems.
MNBarb said... (5/31/11 7:05 AM) Reply
What a work of love for Fathers' Day. The lining and frog closures are perfectly done.

by: dmsmith05