Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2011-101 (Scoop-Necked Dress)

Reviewed by:viola33

About viola33star
RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Member since: 1/26/11
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:5/23/11 2:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Wianno Girl said... (6/26/11 9:23 AM) Reply
The dress looks wonderful, it shows you know how to fit yourself. It has been years that I have sewn Burda but this pattern makes me want to try again.
MelissaB in WA said... (5/29/11 9:51 PM) Reply
Your dress was definitely worth all the effort and headache - it's gorgeous!
allycovey said... (5/24/11 10:22 AM) Reply
very nice!!!
becca a said... (5/24/11 7:56 AM) Reply
Your dress is lovely! The fit looks great. I think lots of people have to adjust patterns to fit, so this is just a normal part of the sewing process. I expect to have to adjust the fit before making my final version.
UrbanSeamstress said... (5/24/11 2:51 AM) Reply
It was certainly worth the effort: a sweet dress that looks very good on you! As to the ideal "Burda figure": I usually have little trouble fitting Burda patterns through the bust and shoulders (I'll have to see how this will be in a couple of months though, post-bump), but I have to make adjustments literally everywhere else. I am particularly jealous when I see someone posting a perfect pair of trousers which they got to fit with minimal alterations. However, as I literally grew up on Burda magazine patterns, so I've become so accustomed to the alterations required for my particular fitting issues that I still prefer working with them. Ill-designed for my figure or not, at least I find they are consistent.
sing201 said... (5/23/11 8:09 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful and I love the fabric you used. It looks like you got a great fit with all your hard work.
Knitters Delight said... (5/23/11 4:12 AM) Reply
Your modifications paid off. You look gorgeous in your dress.
Picnicfan said... (5/23/11 2:22 AM) Reply
Your dress is very pretty and looks perfect on you despite the problems you had getting the right fit.

Sewn Square One Swing Shift Pattern