Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 226 (Travel Trio Three)

Reviewed by:SueV

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Tops    Skirts

Other Projects by SueV using this Pattern

taylormade said... (5/24/11 12:51 PM) Reply
Great looking outfit Sue. I'm hesitant always to buy Simplicity patterns, but this top looks great. You skirt is fabolous...coverstitch will work I'm sure. Now I'm going to pull out my CJ patterns and look again!
Karine said... (5/24/11 10:27 AM) Reply
Definitely not too much color - it looks great!
Denise L Perry said... (5/24/11 6:48 AM) Reply
The coverstitched hem will look great. There is a trick to hemming knits. Leave the hem raw. With your left thumb (assuming you're right handed), roll the raw edge back about 1/4". With your needle pick a skinny stitch on the *back* of the raw hem, then a skinny stitch on the fabric, and continue on in that manner. I hope I have explained this clearly--what you want are hidden stitches from the wrong side of the garment. All stitches should be "sandwiched" inside the hem. This allows the hem to be completely flat, and if your stitches are tiny enough, nothing will show from either side. Hope this helps!
Ann Smith said... (5/24/11 1:51 AM) Reply
Wonderful outfit. You remind me I must get to these patterns.
1betsy1 said... (5/23/11 10:05 PM) Reply
Such a beautiful outfit. Great Job.
Carol Mendoza said... (5/23/11 9:18 PM) Reply
I think this is a wonderful outfit. I love the color too and looks so comfortable. Great job. Also, I love the idea of the waistband elastic you used!
Sherril Miller said... (5/23/11 7:47 PM) Reply
That silk jersey is gorgeous. You've made a stunning outfit. The pieces are beautiful and they look easy to travel in and will go with a lot of spring colored things.
Sew4Fun said... (5/23/11 7:18 PM) Reply
Great outfit! I like how you did the neckline.
carolynw said... (5/23/11 6:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt - fits you to a T! Love that color.
Rustybobn said... (5/23/11 6:04 PM) Reply
Wonderful outfit. Love what you did with the top.
MNBarb said... (5/23/11 5:20 PM) Reply
I love the colors and really like the green band on the top. I'm sure this top has been reviewed beofre but I didn't notice until I saw yours. I love the pockets on the skirt, useful and attractive! What is the fiber content of your double knit?
ButtonFaith said... (5/23/11 5:17 PM) Reply
LOVE it! Such a wearable outfit! I love the way you did the neckband on the top. I agree that you will be happier with a coverstitched hem. I have a coverstitch machine and truly only pull it out for hems, etc. on's the ONLY way to hem knits!
gatorgirl4325 said... (5/23/11 5:00 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt - I so love that shade of green. Smart outfit!
Steffie said... (5/23/11 4:44 PM) Reply
I think it looks great! I love the colors. Very nice outfit. Once you cover-stitch the hem, you will be totally satisfied.
Patti B said... (5/23/11 4:21 PM) Reply
Very nice, Sue! I hadn't paid any attention to the skirt but I like the pockets. This color green goes with an astonishing number of colors.
squirrellypoo said... (5/23/11 3:00 PM) Reply
Great skirt, and it coordinates so well with the top! I've got this pattern, but only made the turtleneck so far - you really make me want to dig this out and give the skirt a try, too. And I LOVE that colour green!

by: Sixtiesgir...