Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2398 (Misses Special Occasion Dresses)

Reviewed by:Pinkpegasus

About Pinkpegasusstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 12/7/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:5/24/11 6:38 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Pinkpegasus said... (6/27/11 8:21 PM) Reply
Six!! You're my hero. Three almost did my head in. Good luck with the fittings. :-)
magpie57 said... (6/24/11 12:59 PM) Reply
You are to be commended for sticking with this!! I am working on 6 of these now using this nasty pattern and will be putting a review up soon. I hadn't thought to put extra boning in. I will be trying on my bustier girls this weekend and will see how it goes.. It also looks like you did the same with the length that we will, shortish. The girls will be barefoot so we will hem 4 inches off the floor.
ChristmasHills said... (5/25/11 10:13 PM) Reply
Fantastic job. You should be "FRIEND OF THE YEAR" . I love the dresses
Pinkpegasus said... (5/25/11 8:47 PM) Reply
Thank you! I also found it really hard trying to fit someone other than me. I'm available to me all the time for fitting alterations, lol, but trying to fit other people who are busy and not easily available is hard. I found my pregnant friends very large bust exceedingly challenging. Good luck with your dress!
UrbanSeamstress said... (5/25/11 8:44 AM) Reply
Those gowns are lovely! What a wonderful job you did! Funny coincidence: in the photo the fabrics you used look almost exactly the same colour as the silk I'm using right now on, drumroll, a bridesmaid dress for my best friend. That is one is not going to be strapless, thank heavens, but it has enough challenging aspects in its own right. For one, she is tall, plus-sized and well-endowed, all of which I am definitely not. Fitting a body so vastly different from my own is interesting, to say the least!
happytobehere said... (5/24/11 8:58 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous! How nice of you to take on this project.
Pinkpegasus said... (5/24/11 8:53 AM) Reply
Thank you! I really would have preferred them to have straps of some form, any form, but the bride was adamant she wanted strapless so I did my best. I did as many fitting and altering sessions as my friends had patience for (which was not as many as I would liked). :-)
bell N said... (5/24/11 8:33 AM) Reply
You did a great job fitting those strapless gowns. Having just lived through prom season I've seen far too many young girls with ill-fitting (too big, too small, way too revealing) strapless ball gowns.

Decades of Style 3005