Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5497 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:Spring

About Springstar
VA USA
Member since: 2/26/05
Posted on:5/24/11 4:12 PM
Last Updated:4/19/12 6:38 AM

Sassy T said... (4/19/12 12:26 PM) Reply
I would just wear a cami under it. Problem solved. I have this pattern on the top of my wishlist as I love all the options. Mayube you could add some concealed snaps to shorten the V. Looks nice anyway!
CraftAddict said... (4/19/12 9:37 AM) Reply
Spring, the shirt really does look great on you. Perhaps you could modify the neckline so it's not so low-cut? I've not done pattern modifications before but this one seems like an easy fix. The funny interesting thing is, I just purchased this pattern this weekend and I definitely thing I will be raising the neckline. Thanks for the review.
Spring said... (4/19/12 6:28 AM) Reply
Dream designer if your confused by my review then fantastic, I got my point across. My relationship with this shirt was confusing. lol It looks amazing on, I get loads of compliments but we just don't feel it for each other. That said I did wear it all last summer as a swimsuit coverup. So I hate the shirt but wore it at least twice a week during the summer.
dreamdesigner said... (11/26/11 4:51 PM) Reply
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm really confused by your review. In the Pattern Rating heading, you gave it a "Highly Recommend", but in the "Would you recommend it to others" you said "Nope". You say you're "not a very modest person", and "think a cream colored lace cami would look adorable" under it, "but there is nothing I could change that would make me feel comfortable in this top" For what my opinion is worth, I think it's really cute on you, and if it were me, I would wear a cami under it.
MorriganWilliams said... (6/6/11 4:58 AM) Reply
Looks great... I always wear these kind of tops with a lace edged cami.
Jacqui315 said... (5/25/11 6:32 PM) Reply
I do love the shirt and it would be a shame not to wear it. How about a brown camisole/tank underneather?
Amanda.Claire said... (5/25/11 7:06 AM) Reply
Very flattering top. Thanks for all of the information!
Elemenopeo said... (5/24/11 8:02 PM) Reply
it's very pretty but I agree I wouldn't want to be uncomfortable

Patti's Dolls Tail Waggin Dragon