Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3740 (Tops)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/30/03

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:5/24/11 11:27 PM
Last Updated:5/25/11 10:22 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

BlossomKyle said... (11/26/11 7:12 PM) Reply
Your many versions of this cowl at PR Weekend Austin sold me on this pattern!!! It's the kind of cowl I love, one that doesn't fall into a v. Just bought it on PR. Thanks for enabling!
OP Gal said... (5/28/11 9:12 AM) Reply
Great top and review.You look wonderful in it. I'll have to remember your creative experience with the heavens opening up and the angels singing. I always like new ideas for rationalizing fabric purchases.
crisford said... (5/26/11 10:45 AM) Reply
Wow, that looks great!
Barbara V said... (5/25/11 10:04 PM) Reply
So nice to see the cowl on the sleeveless version made up. It looks great and really pretty on you especially in the print and color.
Karen6790 said... (5/25/11 9:54 PM) Reply
I love this pattern. And you're right about KS instructions - they have a lot to teach . . . Burda? Great top. I need to make a few more of these.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/25/11 7:33 PM) Reply
Leslie, this is just so perfect!! What a gorgeously coordinated outfit. Thanks for your review.
Jacqui315 said... (5/25/11 6:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful! That's all.
BettyMike said... (5/25/11 5:46 PM) Reply
Love this top. I've been looking for a pattern for some knit I have in my stash. I may have to run out and pick up this pattern. Great looking outfit.
livelife said... (5/25/11 3:40 PM) Reply
Great top. I was there for PR 2011, don't know how I missed the skirt fabric - fab-u-lous!
SewWil said... (5/25/11 3:35 PM) Reply
Love your top. Great fabric and pattern.
Mufffet said... (5/25/11 12:51 PM) Reply
OH so cute! What a nice style and fabric.
CarolynGM said... (5/25/11 9:49 AM) Reply
Great top. I have this pattern, but haven't tried it yet. Your top is an inspiration.
pterion said... (5/25/11 9:30 AM) Reply
I'm so impressed that you already have a whole outfit from your Chicago haul! The ensemble looks great and I'm wondering why I don't have this pattern.
Patti B said... (5/25/11 9:15 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top and skirt. I'm glad to see this sewn up in a sleeveless version as I had wondered about the fit. I'll wonder no more!
Kathy in NM said... (5/25/11 9:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful outfit! You have been busy sewing your PR weekend treasures! I like the fabric combo, as well as the patterns. You are tempting me with another great top pattern....... Enjoy your new outfit.
Deepika said... (5/25/11 7:53 AM) Reply
Wow, you are on a roll. This is a perfect PR Weekend outfit! I love deep neck cowls. There is a reason this pattern was on the top 10 list. I might have to add it to my stash as well.
Amanda.Claire said... (5/25/11 6:53 AM) Reply
This top looks great on you! I love KS too. I think I may have to go to Fishmans' too and see if they have any fabrics that call my name!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (5/25/11 2:03 AM) Reply
Fab top!
CynthiaSue said... (5/25/11 1:56 AM) Reply
classic and edgy! love it! what's the crocodile skirt? leather?
Sew4Fun said... (5/25/11 1:07 AM) Reply
Leslie, it's perfect! I love it! What a great match to your skirt fabric too. Overall a wonderful outfit.
21wale said... (5/25/11 0:50 AM) Reply
Lovely top!
SheBear0320 said... (5/25/11 0:40 AM) Reply
From your enabler -- great looking outfit and the two fabrics definitely are a perfect match. My piece of this fabric hasn't even made it to the washing machine yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Haven't picked up this pattern yet, but it is on my list.

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2013-124