Pattern Reviews> McCall's> M6097 (Misses' Victorian Costume)

Reviewed by:auntie bellums

About auntie bellums
Member since: 5/1/05
Posted on:5/25/11 1:48 AM
Last Updated:5/25/11 1:57 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
karinadrake said... (7/24/12 4:44 AM) Reply
I have almost finished making the same dress for my Year 12 major work. I did however machine sew the lace on and it worked perfectly, you can barely even see the stitches. I also put in eyelets which also worked fine but I chose a taffeta as my material so it's a lot sturdier. Also, to get the 'period' look I used curtain material as the contrast, this works well in keeping the shape, especially on the bustle.
bonvogue said... (12/29/11 2:48 PM) Reply
Hello! your dress is really pretty. I am also using this pattern right now to make a venican dress for a ball. But when I attached the back peplum to the back body, my peplum does not meet the back's edge. It is about 1" short. I have already sewn in the pleat in the peplum. I am not sure what I am supose to do with the 1" extension. The illustration on the envelop shows a flush Center back. Did you ran into this issue?
Mufffet said... (7/1/11 10:24 AM) Reply
This is spectacularly beautiful. It is what little girls dream of...at least this little-girl-in-old-woman's-body. :) Your work is impressive and lovely to see.
jewelsew said... (5/27/11 12:40 PM) Reply
Great work - it's beautiful! When I saw the pattern I thought the same thing about the period and was glad to read your comments.
sacmabell said... (5/26/11 5:31 PM) Reply
Your hand work is beautiful. The time you put in was definitely not wasted. You should be proud of this dress.
Trephas2003 said... (5/25/11 9:28 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful!
RadarRadiance said... (5/25/11 8:30 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress, it gives a complete different look then what the pattern shows when done in white. You have a great eye, you'll have to post more pictures, beautiful!
Amanda.Claire said... (5/25/11 6:47 AM) Reply
This was a load of hard work. Great job! Is this for a wedding?

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2008-116

by: Levone

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Summer Tote Paper Pattern