Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1239 (Misses' Dress and Belt)

Reviewed by:kalla1apr

About kalla1apr
Member since: 6/18/10
Posted on:5/27/11 12:03 PM
Last Updated:5/27/11 12:07 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
Gendun said... (6/4/12 8:52 PM) Reply
What they said. (Smiles) It looks very elegantly casual on you. I hate the word, but it has class. Well done!
Bernie R. said... (10/16/11 3:22 PM) Reply
I'm amazed that anyone can sew with a 5-year old in the vicinity. This dress is gorgeous, especially the color. Kudos to you for plowing through and getting it done. I agree with the others who say that this dress would sell me on the pattern, while the white dress on the envelope looks just too voluminous.
WJean said... (8/5/11 5:06 PM) Reply
The dress looks great and it appears that it is really worth the time and effort you made to complete it. Thanks for sharing.
becca a said... (7/25/11 8:51 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful! The color is lovely on you, and it looks very chic. I am on the fence about buying this pattern--it is intriguing, has interesting details, but may not work for me. Your helpful review and fabulous picture may push me to buy the pattern.
waltzqueen said... (7/11/11 5:59 PM) Reply
I think this dress looks terrific on you! It fits beautifully, flatters your figure, is obviously well-made - all in all a winner! Well done!
Athene said... (6/17/11 1:50 AM) Reply
A very becoming style on you - you look fabulous. Thank you for the tip about the size at the bust.
Sue Parrott said... (6/4/11 10:44 AM) Reply
I like your finished product! I keep checking out this pattern and now I believe I will purchase it in the near future--that is after I finish about 30 current projects I have going!
kalla1apr said... (5/30/11 10:14 AM) Reply
Hi ladies, thank you all for the kind comments.
dingyadi said... (5/28/11 9:34 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Karine said... (5/28/11 11:22 AM) Reply
I love your dress! Actually, much better even than the pattern illustration. Also, your decorative stitching adds a pretty, delicate touch, much nicer on this dress than simple topstitching. Nice work!
Re Becca said... (5/28/11 9:58 AM) Reply
I love this on you. I think the decorative stitching is a very nice touch, very elegant. I hope that you grow to love it because it looks fabulous!
Danvillegirl said... (5/28/11 8:06 AM) Reply
This is one of those patterns that give mixed emotions. Your dress looks very nice and good color for you. I can see how this may be a challenging pattern, great accomplishment.
Fran G said... (5/28/11 7:03 AM) Reply
You do yourself a diservice when you say this dress looks just 'ok'..When I clicked on the pattern and then your dress, I thought, "Oh, how beautiful! Simple, chic, lovely" I did buy this pattern for the neckline and sleeve detail and hope mine will be as nice as yours..of course, that means I need to get going on it first, doesn't it?
poppykettle said... (5/28/11 3:29 AM) Reply
This is such a lovely clean-lined garment - it looks lovely. Great work!
Erin D said... (5/27/11 11:57 PM) Reply
Your dress is really flattering on you, and the decorative stitch really adds to it.
Sweetheart3 said... (5/27/11 8:56 PM) Reply
I would love to make this dress but am unsure whether the project would push my skill set or just push me over the edge. Your dress is beautiful!
CarolynGM said... (5/27/11 6:35 PM) Reply
It looks very elegant on you. Yes, your dress would sell me this pattern!
mmcp said... (5/27/11 6:19 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and since I love it but am hopelessly lazy thought I'd try to make it without a lining--we'll see if it happens or lands in the "fantasy project" drawer...
lakaribane said... (5/27/11 5:50 PM) Reply
I really love it, great shape and love the color on you, very chic!
Claverie said... (5/27/11 3:15 PM) Reply
I agree with Sewiing Sue ... If your picture was on the envelope, I'd believe I would have a chance with the pattern. Love the pattern, but the cover doesn't sell me -- YOUR dress DOES. Beautiful!
Sewiing Sue said... (5/27/11 2:35 PM) Reply
The envelope makes the dress look more outre than I might want but your photo makes it look stylish and wearable. Nicely done.

by: julliams