Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7795 (Misses/Misses Petite Dress)

Reviewed by:clare

Last Updated:8/23/04 4:02 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Oziroo said... (8/25/04 1:58 AM) Reply
Thanks for this helpful review. Nice dress! I have been planning to make this ever since Sewtabby did it. Perhaps now I'll find the 'perfect ' fabric and get on with it!
Mrs. Cecil said... (8/24/04 1:05 PM) Reply
This dress is fab on you! You found the perfect fabric and fit. (Isn't it great when everything comes together?)
SewTabby said... (8/24/04 12:08 PM) Reply
Great job! Your dress is very flattering on you! I've made the sleeveless version, but now that I see those sleeved on you I'm tempted to make it again. Really nice!
xela said... (8/24/04 10:47 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in that dress!!! Certainly I understand the euphoric perfect fabric feeling -- the fabric puts a smile on your face and gets petted alot. The fabric gets put on the top of the pile to be made up next. Hurray! You've convinced me easily to make this dress and I only hope I look half as wonderful as you. Thank you
JDpenelope said... (8/24/04 6:44 AM) Reply
Nice job; I really like the styling details and it looks good on.
PVA said... (8/24/04 0:01 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress, & your choice of a smaller size is just right! I too think you look very slender with great curves. Lucky you! Thanks for this review, I'm sure you're going to enjoy your dress.
Jennie Pakula said... (8/23/04 9:38 PM) Reply
THat dress really suits you - and isn't it delightful when you find just the right fabric!
Danvillegirl said... (8/23/04 7:25 PM) Reply
I like the look of the dress on you.
caleddon said... (8/23/04 6:38 PM) Reply
clare, I replied in the Regional Communites section of the messageboard.
clare said... (8/23/04 5:18 PM) Reply
Caleddon - You'll have to let me know where some of these fabric shops are as I'm fairly new to Manchester (I'm a Lancashire lass) and my main shop is Abakans on Oldham Street... I'd love to find some more!
KathleenS said... (8/23/04 5:01 PM) Reply
It seems to me that you look quite slim in both pictures - the flare of the skirt makes your waist look smaller. I hope that came out right - it's meant to be a compliment! Anyway, I think you might have won me over to this pattern, although I have far too many dress patterns already.
Gigi Louis said... (8/23/04 4:48 PM) Reply
How beautiful! I just love this style.
caleddon said... (8/23/04 4:48 PM) Reply
Oh lucky you to find just the right fabric for your lovely dress; there are some great fabric shops in Manchester aren't there? It must be a remnant of the cotton industry. I'm a Mancunian, currently in exile in rural Scotland and I do miss those fabric shops.
jlg said... (8/23/04 4:48 PM) Reply
I like your dress very much. I've wanted to see this made up.

Eagle's View PM/54