Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2561 (Men's Shirts)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:8/23/04 9:36 PM
Last Updated:8/23/04 10:02 PM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Mens

zannie said... (5/28/09 9:56 PM) Reply
wow! You are an amazing sewer ... if I could sew like you, I would not buy RTW! Have you considered becoming a designer (at least for children's wear?)
Katharine in BXL said... (4/11/05 11:21 AM) Reply
I give it two thumbs up too! Add another 2 from my husband! Thanks for reviewing this. I hadn't noticed it before, but DH would like this. Your color blocking and piping are *awesome.*
cindyann said... (9/1/04 7:30 AM) Reply
Debbie, I was looking at all the beautiful bras you've made on your sewing site. Lovely! I also adore the panties you made to match. What pattern did you use?
Lori V said... (8/24/04 2:34 PM) Reply
Debbie, such incredible details on your ds's shirt. Great job
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (8/24/04 8:32 AM) Reply
I agree with Karla, I bet you'll be making LOTS more of these! Awesome job!
Debbie Spriggs said... (8/24/04 8:20 AM) Reply
That looks very RTW! Great use of color and embroidery!
Mbarkle said... (8/24/04 8:19 AM) Reply
Awesome shirt, Debbie! I never would have given this pattern a second thought if I hadn't seen yours. Looks like it came from one of those expensive sports shops. Cute model too. ;)
JDpenelope said... (8/24/04 7:09 AM) Reply
Sensational job. Uh, Oh. Will all of his team mates be wanting one, too? Have you thought of starting a sewing business? Later - I guess Karla and I were posting at same time and thinking same thing!
Karla Kizer said... (8/24/04 7:09 AM) Reply
Debbie, I think you've gotten yourself in real trouble here. Are you prepared to make these for the entire team? It looks wonderful - so professional. Congratulations.
lilhoney57 said... (8/24/04 6:19 AM) Reply
Outstanding color blocking! Two thumbs up from me too!
Gladys said... (8/24/04 5:53 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review and your detail photos. What a great shirt to make for sports fans!
alicia said... (8/23/04 11:34 PM) Reply
There's some fine topsewing and tons of detail on this shirt!! Bummer on the cast though. looks like the shirt took his mind off of it.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/23/04 11:17 PM) Reply
Wow - what a great job. And it looks so good on DS
sheree said... (8/23/04 11:04 PM) Reply
Debbie, this shirt looks great! I'm impressed with your attention to detail. Thanks for the thorough review, I found it to be very helpful.
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (8/23/04 10:39 PM) Reply
Debbie, that looks great - the details you've added, like the colour blocking, are super - DS is a lucky kid... DH isn't much of a t-shirt wearer, but I may get this pattern for him anyway...I can think of times a long sleeved raglan top would do him well...*grin*
joan said... (8/23/04 9:59 PM) Reply
Debbie, I love the details you added and the quality of your sewing to execute them. DS is a lucky guy.
SandraB said... (8/23/04 9:52 PM) Reply
And so do I. What a nice looking shirt. I love all the extra details. Thanks for an interesting, detailed review.

Making Patterns from Existing Garments - A CD book by Kenneth King