Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1240 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:DreinPA

Last Updated:5/31/11 9:00 AM

Vesta Patterns

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

Stacy Sews said... (6/13/11 11:15 AM) Reply
Sigh! I really wanted to make this dress because it looks like a cute design, but with two negative reviews, I think I'll use my silk with another pattern.
cleverclogs said... (6/1/11 8:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the really helpful comments - looking at the armholes in the photo on the pattern I think you have cause to complain to Vogue about misrepresentation! Bet there's some tucks in the back of their dress taking up the slack. I'm glad you could rescue the muslin because your fabric is quite striking.
lamstu said... (5/31/11 7:28 PM) Reply
I thought this dress was so cool and fun and it's disappointing to learn that the pattern is flawed. Somebody at Vogue needs to check these things (and restore the late-style of word descriptions). Good save on the toile with some cute stash fabric.
sew2little said... (5/31/11 2:58 PM) Reply
I just had a similar problem with a Vogue pattern that has a similar cut (I have yet to review it.). The armholes came below my bra band! I was able to fiddle with it to solve the problem, as it didn't have darts, but I can't imagine where Vogue thinks women's breasts are. Your new neckline looks great!
Sewiing Sue said... (5/31/11 2:19 PM) Reply
The arm holes on Vogue model look fine (probably an adjustment) but the collar does look really high and uncomfortable, like those collars Victorian men used to wear. I love your fabric.
susiestitcher said... (5/31/11 2:17 PM) Reply
Well, pooh! I am glad you could rescue your muslin. It looks great with the bias neckband and tie. I know how frustrating it is when something you design in your mind doesn't cooperate in real life. The pattern has obvious drafting flaws. That collar seems alarmingly high, doesn't it? Pat yourself on the back for 1) not cutting your silk and 2) making a great save with your challis muslin. Glad you had another dress on hand.
manola6176 said... (5/31/11 10:02 AM) Reply
OMG you must be so upset. I can't understand what Vogue are up to these days !!! It could have been such a gorgeous dress.