Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5608 (misses top)

Reviewed by:cleverkitty

About cleverkittystarstarstar
OH United States
Member since: 8/22/07
Posted on:5/31/11 3:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
cleverkitty said... (6/3/11 11:24 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for all these wonderful comments, if you look closely in the picture the cardigan is sitting on the bench my daughter said it looked too matchy but I bought all three fabrics to go together. White pants is a good idea Bonnie D and MNBarb you said it right I do look "little girl" in the skirt and top. I'll wear this to church~~~ you know we are suppose to come to God like children...
Bonnie O said... (6/2/11 10:16 PM) Reply
I LOVE your top! I think it looks nice with the skirt, especially in the first photo but in the closeup, I can see where it might be a little too matchy for me. But not obnoxiously so! LOL. I do like it with the black pants. I bet it would also look good with crisp white pants? We have similar tastes, my Ohio friend. I have this pattern sitting on my cutting table along with a herringbone blouseweight twill.
VirginiasDghter said... (6/2/11 5:36 PM) Reply
My favorite is the top paired with the skirt. You can easily wear this all with the blue cardigan. Wait.....is that it in the picture? Nice work cleverkitty!
Scheryka said... (6/1/11 8:13 AM) Reply
I like both looks. I have been working on this pattern. I keep doing other things and moving it to the 'to-do' pile. I guess I'd better get it on the table again. Good job.
pdiddly said... (6/1/11 2:50 AM) Reply
I think it looks good with both but if I could only select one it would be the black pants
SewWil said... (5/31/11 11:31 PM) Reply
Pretty top. I have this pattern and am glad to see this view made up. I'm a "matchy" kind of girl so I think the blouse looks very nice with the skirt.
MNBarb said... (5/31/11 9:30 PM) Reply
I like it with the black pants. It might have a slight "little girl" look with the skirt. I am so far from being a fashion expert that you might want to do the opposite of my opinion. You did a great job on this top. Polyester fabric adds a whole new dimension to sewing challenges.
Elemenopeo said... (5/31/11 8:25 PM) Reply
I like it with the skirt. Guess I am matchy too. :)

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117