Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> e816 (body shaper)

Reviewed by:KathySews

About KathySewsstar
MI USA
Member since: 10/1/06
Posted on:6/1/11 12:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 10 people    Very Helpful by 36 people
See other patterns in this category: Activewear

sewme47 said... (3/8/13 6:11 PM) Reply
Just found this review...thank so much for letting us know how it went!
KathySews said... (11/11/12 8:43 AM) Reply
ogarc. I also have the problem of shapers being too high. So I adjusted the pattern to my natural waist. That is what is so liberating about sewing, you can adjust to your needs.
ogarc said... (11/10/12 7:16 AM) Reply
I have a question for anyone who has made this shaper. Does the top roll down after you have worn it for awhile? I always have that problem with above the waist shapers and I am looking for a way to prevent it. Thanks for any info you can share!
mlsews said... (1/11/12 5:28 PM) Reply
great job! I've been wanting something for under dresses too- not a shaper so much. Thanks for the review I think this will fit the bill nicely.
AndreaSews said... (9/28/11 10:28 PM) Reply
Lol, thanks for review. I've downloaded but not yet taped. Since you say it's not so bad, maybe I'll heat a round tuit soon!
Sew it seams said... (7/15/11 9:43 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I have had some power mesh in my stash for a few years, waiting for just the right pattern that wouldn't cause "muffin top" or whatever you would call the same affect at the leg. This looks just right.
Ericaeli said... (7/14/11 10:47 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I had no idea that this pattern existed. Now I need to go print it out!
AdaH said... (7/14/11 10:02 PM) Reply
This is wonderful. I am also short waisted and have not found any shapeware that I am willing to buy becasue it is all to long waisted for me.
VirginiasDghter said... (6/2/11 4:54 PM) Reply
Now THIS is a good idea. A girl can NEVER have too many of these! Thanks for such a great review!
Karine said... (6/2/11 1:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I've downloaded the pattern, and bought power mesh from CJ, but haven't gotten around to making it. I'm encouraged by your experience. I tried one on at CJ's studio and really liked it. She had lots of different fabric combinations that covered every possible need for shapewear. I think this is going to be a great pattern and a big money saver!
Lynnelle said... (6/1/11 2:14 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I saw this on CJ's website and wondered about it.
marec said... (6/1/11 1:54 PM) Reply
what, no picture? Thanks for the review-I am looking for some shapewear options for the winter holidays. Can you tell I am a super planner?
GlobalMom said... (6/1/11 1:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this! I have been eyeing this pattern on the CJ website. Having spent $$ on shapewear, it would be wonderful to be able to sew my own for way less and have it fit!

Simplicity Sew U skirt