Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3881 (Misses' Panties)

Reviewed by:clothingengineer

About clothingengineerstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/7/10
Posted on:6/1/11 5:40 PM

See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
clothingengineer said... (7/4/11 7:16 AM) Reply
Alchemist9 - I've been using 3/8". It gives better support and as you mentioned is easier to find. If you are going for your first pair, I would try the Jalie pattern first. Aside from removing some width from the crotch and my normal full rear wedge in the back, I got a much better fit out of the envelope. The fact that the Jalie pattern was drafted for lycra fabric helps a lot too.
Alchemist9 said... (7/3/11 10:53 AM) Reply
I am about to tackle my first pair of panties and I'm wondering if folks have been using the 1/4 plush back elastic for the legs or going with 3/8". I'm having a difficult time finding the 1/4" width.
Elemenopeo said... (6/2/11 6:00 PM) Reply
very helpful and nice garment
clothingengineer said... (6/2/11 8:36 AM) Reply
Elona - Kwik Sew does tend to have a too-wide crotch, but they've gotten better. I thought the middle and side of the crotch was fine, and just the front needed to be brought in 1/4" on both sides. I tried another Kwik Sew panty pattern about 6 years ago and had to remove 1/2" from both sides of the crotch!
Erin D said... (6/1/11 11:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for your detailed review. I have thought about giving this pattern a try, and your info. is really helpful.
sewing for fun said... (6/1/11 8:57 PM) Reply
Love that hot pink! I narrow the crotch on all my Kwik Sew patterns for panties and swimwear, too. I think Elona is right!
Elona said... (6/1/11 8:40 PM) Reply
The overly-wide crotch is frequently noted in reviews of Kwik Sew undies. I wonder who their 'fit model' is--perhaps one of those ladies with a rather wide pelvis and thin legs well spaced at the thigh?
Annette Wright said... (6/1/11 6:46 PM) Reply
Very very nice. I've made some panties, but mine haven't been a total success (not a flop either though.) I really need to make more as it's time for new ones.

Marfy 2264