Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8720 (men's coat and belt)

Reviewed by:julesberry

About julesberrystarstar
Member since: 12/6/05
Posted on:6/3/11 8:52 PM
Last Updated:6/3/11 8:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Mens
julesberry said... (1/24/12 4:15 AM) Reply
thimbledore: Hope you have good luck making the coat!
thimbledore said... (1/23/12 9:07 PM) Reply
This is wonderful! It is a fantastic coat on him. I just bought this pattern for my dude and he's super excited about it. I'll definitely be peeping back at your review as I get ready to make it.
christinasbookshelf said... (6/8/11 12:25 PM) Reply
If you are worried about the coat being lost, you could embroider your phone number (or use a permanent marker) on a ribbon and sew that to the back neck where the label would be. My husband uses his coats & jackets as a purse; he will stuff 4 or 5 pounds of things into 4 pockets. I haven't been able to interest him in a murse or small briefcase. He really wears out coats fast.
becca a said... (6/5/11 9:21 AM) Reply
Fantastic coat! The fabric works with the pared down trench style perfectly.
Catbird said... (6/5/11 8:33 AM) Reply
That's good...maybe it was a browser issue. I run into a lot of those.
julesberry said... (6/5/11 4:15 AM) Reply
Catbird: Thanks. It seems possible to comment on my blog - just made a test myself...
21wale said... (6/4/11 9:18 AM) Reply
Wow! Fabulous coat!
Catbird said... (6/4/11 8:37 AM) Reply
My kind of trench exactly! I don't know James, but I get the feeling it suits his personality vry well. The fabric couldn't be more perfect, giving it a kind of delicious slouchy quality. I love the pictures, too. Wonderful! p.s., I tried twice to leave a comment on your blog but was bounced over to Blogger each time and the comment failed. I wonder if something is up with your link?
julesberry said... (6/4/11 3:13 AM) Reply
Elona: Oh but he is a simple shape! Height is easy to adjust compared to curves. Have to be aware that extra is required when buying fabric and the seams take a while to sew - but it is still easier than fitting curves!
margk said... (6/4/11 2:35 AM) Reply
This coat looks great on your "victim" : ) Well done.
Elona said... (6/3/11 9:19 PM) Reply
What a handsome coat! You say, "As usual I added some inches to the length." My gosh, that guy is huge! I always have to add length for my slightly taller than average man, but your task is imposing.

Violette Field Threads Stella