Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5581 (Men's, boys' shirt shorts hat)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:6/5/11 0:29 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Kids(boys & girls)    Mens - Pants

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

sunnysewing said... (7/9/12 10:24 PM) Reply
I wanted to let you know how helpful your pics were of the zippered fly for me!!! I made it through the pattern for my son but got stuck at the very end. The whole button flap / zipper thingy had me really lost. You've helped clear my head on it!! Yay! Your shorts look great too
HDWen said... (5/8/12 2:12 PM) Reply
Thank you so much Karen for reviewing the shorts -- I just got this pattern because MY DH can't find shorts to fit, he likes -- Same, if he went to the Store maybe he'd find them hahaha Great to know to look out for the waistband, no waistband instructions. Sounds confusing, but I'll muddle through with your helpful review!
carolyn101 said... (5/6/12 0:15 AM) Reply
I just stumbled on your review - thanks I just bought this pattern and see lots of reviews for the shirt but nothing for the shorts. I want to give them a try and since yours turned out so well I will give this one a go.
Judy Kski said... (6/6/11 10:01 AM) Reply
What a great pair of shorts on your DH. You sewed up a pair of really professional looking shorts. The second pair should be a breeze.
Aroura said... (6/6/11 2:37 AM) Reply
Great shorts! I'm glad he likes them, they look really great!
RLL said... (6/5/11 10:30 AM) Reply
Hey, these look great on him and you did a nice job. I made these also and unlike your DH, mine hated the faced waist. He wants a real waistband ....oh well, he still wears them, but not much. Glad your DH liked them.

by: Karen Carr