Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1234 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:DD1104

About DD1104starstar
MD USA
Member since: 12/10/08
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:6/5/11 3:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people

Leslie Bonner said... (7/10/14 1:43 PM) Reply
Still haven't sewn this dress so am rereading all the reviews. I love your version and I think the belt adds a great touch.
knitsewmuch said... (3/31/14 7:07 AM) Reply
Now that's cute!
Phillis2 said... (12/14/12 4:08 PM) Reply
I'm in the midst of finalizing this dress (neck and sleeves). It was challenging, but I was up for it. Yours was one of the better looking dresses of this Vogue pattern. I used painters tape (blue) to mark the numbers to this "puzzle piece" pattern. It was a life saver as I don't think I would have been able to match up pieces correctly. Maybe, if I make this dress again, it'll be easier. Nice job -- this dress looks great on you.
Bonnie123 said... (12/27/11 3:45 PM) Reply
Very nice; you have very good taste!
JillyBe said... (7/16/11 11:34 PM) Reply
I'm checking the reviews because I'm about to sew this dress - your version is FANTASTIC! Looks fabulous on you :)
Metrofrock said... (6/23/11 7:24 AM) Reply
Stripes were a great choice and it looks lovely on your goddess frame. Wonderful job!
Annette1 said... (6/21/11 7:32 PM) Reply
I was just eyeing this pattern, so I'm so glad to see your review. I LOVE yours -- and to think this is your muslin. :o) MOST DEFINITELY a WEARABLE muslin. I'm 5'8" too. I was wondering how long it was, as from what I see, they don't tell on the pattern envelope. This dress really looks great on you!
JETrinity said... (6/18/11 9:09 AM) Reply
This is the best example of this dress pattern. Wow, it really works for you. Love the stripes.
taylormade said... (6/6/11 10:29 PM) Reply
I have to agree with everyone else! The stripes look fantastic. I also made this dress; have yet to post the review, but I also agree with everything you said, did I already say I love, love the stripes. :)
Sharon M said... (6/6/11 9:43 PM) Reply
Love it!
Christas said... (6/6/11 11:07 AM) Reply
What a wonderful dress on you! Love your fabric choice!
Karine said... (6/6/11 9:24 AM) Reply
This is such a fun dress and it looks great on you! Love the stripes.
VivianZ said... (6/6/11 8:07 AM) Reply
I did not really like this pattern when I saw it in the book. I thought it sould look schlumpy. But I love it on you with the fabric you used. It changes my mind about the pattern completely.
VivianZ said... (6/6/11 8:07 AM) Reply
Rebecca D said... (6/6/11 6:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, love the belt, love the stripes.
FloraNature said... (6/6/11 6:34 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress. Looks better than the pattern photo!
MissyBelle said... (6/6/11 0:50 AM) Reply
Work those stripes! You did a great job laying out the stripes. Looks great.
Ann Smith said... (6/6/11 0:09 AM) Reply
Love, love, love the stripe. You look fantastic.
lamstu said... (6/5/11 9:30 PM) Reply
This looks great in the stripe. I may have to add it back to my list of dresses to sew based on your result.
imsewcrazy said... (6/5/11 7:40 PM) Reply
WOW! Your dress is AMAZING! I love the stripes with this. This looks fabulous on you. Great Job!
pegsewer said... (6/5/11 7:00 PM) Reply
This looks great on you!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/5/11 5:27 PM) Reply
Stripe have always scared me, but you wear them with aplomb. Definitely a risky pattern but you pulled it off well.
Izzie said... (6/5/11 4:54 PM) Reply

Izzie said... (6/5/11 4:54 PM) Reply
Love it!!! Thanks for the review.
DD1104 said... (6/5/11 4:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for all of the compliments. If you do not use 4 way stretch you may want to go up a size. The upper part of the dress is fitted.
BBfromGA said... (6/5/11 4:05 PM) Reply
Love it. Thanks to you and Ann Smith for making this up. Question does the fabric have to be 4-way stretch?
Kii said... (6/5/11 3:59 PM) Reply
Very nice dress. I think the stripes bring out the details of the dress. Very nice!
cleverkitty said... (6/5/11 3:44 PM) Reply
WOW you look so sharp in this dress and the stripes make it even more interesting.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-126