Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Burda 7018 - Denim Jacket.">Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5522 (Misses shirts)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:6/6/11 11:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
cleverkitty said... (6/7/11 8:38 AM) Reply
pulling when raising your arms is something my DD experience on the last blouse she made. I bought the book Fit for Real People by Pati Palmer & Marta Alto, if you do not already have this book I highly recommend it, I started on page 1 and I am reading it like a novel it is so good. The book has a lot of excellent easy to understand fit instruction that show every consequence. I also bought the Jacket and Pants books in the series. Blouse does look great on you regardless of the fit.
KatC83 said... (6/7/11 4:43 AM) Reply
I really like this! The fabric turns it from a nice shirt to a stunning shirt. I don't know enough about sewing to offer advice on the fitting issues - but I can assure you that you are not alone with having an unmotivated cameraman!!
GlobalMom said... (6/7/11 4:31 AM) Reply
Now you're running ahead of me! This pattern is in my to make pile for fall... Looks great!
Margaret said... (6/7/11 3:03 AM) Reply
Yes, it could be that the pulling means the armscye is too low, given that the body and sleeves are not very loose-fitting. But the shirt does look good on you, so I really hope the pulling isn't too bad to wear it!
Mushywear said... (6/7/11 2:59 AM) Reply
I just love the batik you used and I love rayon batik for skirts, so I imagine it would be great for a top too. I'm not sure about the pulling. I am curious what others might say. I do wonder if it is the lower armscye as well. The blouse looks great though and is so pretty. I hope you get lots of wear out of it.

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Beginner Sewing Lab 102 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford