Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8726 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08
Posted on:6/20/11 2:42 AM
Last Updated:6/25/11 11:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 25 people

Thera said... (1/27/12 7:07 AM) Reply
That's a beautiful dress and lovely colour too. it looks expensive..
Terri A said... (8/21/11 11:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for the encouraging comments! I don't deserve it - but it is always nice to have sewing support:-)
Terri Smith said... (7/5/11 6:50 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for such a nice review. I feel the pattern company bailed out on the home sewing enthusiast by offering "no provision" for the most often adjustments made to a garment! Your photos and review are a guiding light to the rest of us. Thank you so much.
Elke said... (7/4/11 8:39 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and I love the photo shoot! Thanks for the review!
Sewphie said... (6/29/11 3:16 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for such a detailed review -- am getting ready to make a muslin before cutting out the final fabric -- yours turned out wonderfully!
SewWil said... (6/27/11 1:36 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful dress. Great job.Thanks for the detailed review.
Heatherrique said... (6/26/11 11:06 PM) Reply
Very charming dress! Very nicely constructed!
FreyaStark said... (6/26/11 6:32 AM) Reply
A fabulous dress, an excellent review and a cute llama.
Terri A said... (6/21/11 12:47 PM) Reply
Haha yes Inca (said llama) is such a Diva! He wasn't exactly helpful for my picture taking, although he graciously allowed his head to be seen twice.
marec said... (6/21/11 11:34 AM) Reply
This review is a mini sewing lesson-thank you! I love the resulting dress, especially in that color. Good contrast with the B/W llama :-)
becca a said... (6/21/11 9:02 AM) Reply
What a fabulous dress! What a great photo shoot! You always do such a fabulous job on every aspect of your sewing projects from matching fabric to pattern all the way through an informative review with wonderful pictures that look like they tell a story.
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/21/11 8:18 AM) Reply
A home run, right outta da park! Just stunning, and the photo set really makes the color sing. thanks for the nitty gritty pointers too.
Terri A said... (6/21/11 0:33 AM) Reply
Thx all and I'm so glad the review is useful! :-)
cindy-lou said... (6/20/11 10:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. I have some black Armani fabric from PR weekend picked out for this pattern. Your details definitely will help me get the results I'm looking for.
JillyBe said... (6/20/11 9:03 PM) Reply
So pretty! And your dd wears it beautifully :)
Sue Parrott said... (6/20/11 11:56 AM) Reply
I too made this dress recently in a tan color. I wish I had made a more bold color choice as yours is great! I too didn't feel this was a very easy pattern and also had to take in the bust and waist area to make it fit. Great review!
Christas said... (6/20/11 10:10 AM) Reply
Ooooh, how pretty! I want this pattern now. Thank you for your very thorough review. I can't wait to see pics of you wearing your lovely dress. Nice sewing!
ArtAttack said... (6/20/11 9:55 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and great review...I've often eyed this pattern but...if it is still in style when I retire (in my next lifetime) I'll make it then!
BexInMD said... (6/20/11 9:42 AM) Reply
What a beautiful version of this dress! Thanks for the helpful comments. Can't wait to see the photos of the back.
lakaribane said... (6/20/11 8:58 AM) Reply
Thank you for the thorough review. I have this on my wishlist and appreciate the warning. Love the colour you chose, so pretty! The dress does have beautiful lines. ETA Now that I've seen the photo shoot, I love it even more (cute Lama btw)
Kim12469 said... (6/20/11 8:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a detailed review. I hate when I'm surprised by a supposedly easy pattern. The end result is gorgeous though and worth the work.
dingyadi said... (6/20/11 7:36 AM) Reply
They have a rather variable definition of 'very easy' by the looks of your comments. The end result is stunning though - beautiful colour and a perfect match of fabric and pattern. I never would have realised how great the design lines are from the pattern pic, but your fabric really highlights the seaming. The dress looks quite sculptural and terribly elegant.